• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Is God's love unconditional?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟141,960.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is God's love unconditional?

That's a matter of definition. The Bible does not use the term "unconditional love".

John 3:

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
God's love is unconditional; it is open to anyone who wants it and extends to the unlovable.

After that, God's love is conditional in that to remain in his love, you have to remain in Christ.

John 15:

10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
God's love may be unconditional. Salvation is not unconditional.

God loves everyone, but does everyone love him back?