• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

I asked an AI to pretend to be an Evangelical Pastor - Plantains are the Fruit of Evil (Satire)

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello folks. We may all know about evangelical pastors who enjoy using sensationalism to scare his/her congregation. Today, is an AI generated satirical sermon that goes to show how strange some of the teachings of certain evangelical leaders are. The following AI-generated sermon is satire, and is not meant to be taken seriously.

Prompt:
Write a short sermon in the style of a conservative evangelical cult leader about how plantains are demonic because they are slow to ripen and are a pain to cook.

Response (Mistral NeMo 12B) is below:

"The Deception of the Plantain: A Fruit of Darkness"

My dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Today, I want to warn you about a fruit that may seem harmless, but is, in fact, a tool of the enemy. A fruit that masquerades as a gift from God, but is actually a snare to lead us astray. I speak, of course, of the plantain.

Yes, the plantain. That starchy, bland fruit that seems so innocent, but is, in reality, a vessel for the forces of darkness. Think about it, my friends. The plantain is a fruit that is slow to ripen. It takes its sweet time, doesn't it? It's as if it's mocking us, taunting us with its very slowness. "You can't have me yet," it says. "You must wait." But what is this waiting, really, but a form of spiritual laziness? A lack of faith?

And then, when the plantain finally does ripen, what do we get? A fruit that's more trouble than it's worth! It's a pain to cook, a hassle to peel. It's as if the plantain is saying, "You want to eat me? Ha! You'll have to work for it." But what is this, really, but a form of spiritual pride? A test of our resolve?

But, my friends, it's not just the plantain itself that's the problem. It's the spirit behind it. The spirit of delay, of frustration, of pride. This is the spirit of the enemy, the spirit of Satan himself. And when we eat the plantain, we are, in effect, inviting that spirit into our lives.

So, I urge you, my dear brothers and sisters, to beware the plantain. It may seem like a harmless fruit, but it is, in reality, a tool of the enemy. Let us not be deceived by its bland exterior. Let us not be seduced by its promises of nourishment and sustenance. For in the end, the plantain is a fruit of darkness, a fruit of the devil himself.

Let us reject the plantain, and all its demonic influences. Let us turn to the true fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. For these are the fruits that will bring us true nourishment, true sustenance, and true life in Christ.

"Plantains are of the devil! Let us reject them, and follow the true path of righteousness!

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,156,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hello folks. We may all know about evangelical pastors who enjoy using sensationalism to scare his/her congregation. Today, is an AI generated satirical sermon that goes to show how strange some of the teachings of certain evangelical leaders are. The following AI-generated sermon is satire, and is not meant to be taken seriously.

Prompt:
Write a short sermon in the style of a conservative evangelical cult leader about how plantains are demonic because they are slow to ripen and are a pain to cook.

Response (Mistral NeMo 12B) is below:

"The Deception of the Plantain: A Fruit of Darkness"

My dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Today, I want to warn you about a fruit that may seem harmless, but is, in fact, a tool of the enemy. A fruit that masquerades as a gift from God, but is actually a snare to lead us astray. I speak, of course, of the plantain.

Yes, the plantain. That starchy, bland fruit that seems so innocent, but is, in reality, a vessel for the forces of darkness. Think about it, my friends. The plantain is a fruit that is slow to ripen. It takes its sweet time, doesn't it? It's as if it's mocking us, taunting us with its very slowness. "You can't have me yet," it says. "You must wait." But what is this waiting, really, but a form of spiritual laziness? A lack of faith?

And then, when the plantain finally does ripen, what do we get? A fruit that's more trouble than it's worth! It's a pain to cook, a hassle to peel. It's as if the plantain is saying, "You want to eat me? Ha! You'll have to work for it." But what is this, really, but a form of spiritual pride? A test of our resolve?

But, my friends, it's not just the plantain itself that's the problem. It's the spirit behind it. The spirit of delay, of frustration, of pride. This is the spirit of the enemy, the spirit of Satan himself. And when we eat the plantain, we are, in effect, inviting that spirit into our lives.

So, I urge you, my dear brothers and sisters, to beware the plantain. It may seem like a harmless fruit, but it is, in reality, a tool of the enemy. Let us not be deceived by its bland exterior. Let us not be seduced by its promises of nourishment and sustenance. For in the end, the plantain is a fruit of darkness, a fruit of the devil himself.

Let us reject the plantain, and all its demonic influences. Let us turn to the true fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. For these are the fruits that will bring us true nourishment, true sustenance, and true life in Christ.

"Plantains are of the devil! Let us reject them, and follow the true path of righteousness!
Plantains are too Catholic. They are glacially slow to change anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Plantains are too Catholic. They are glacially slow to change anything.
Haha, that is a good one. Well hey, the Catholic church has to be slow to change, or else we get strange theologies.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is one thing that I do agree with Evangelical pastors as a young Catholic man: Halloween, or the modern version of Halloween is totally demonic. So many dark things happen on that day, and a lot of dark movies are released for Halloween. Satan, or at least evilness has his fill of spreading evil on October 31 of every year.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟828,727.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had to look up Google to find out what a plantain was before I could come to grips with this evil fruit.

Now I'll have to go to reconciliation every time I have a banana with my cereal for breakfast just in case it was a plantain - a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had to look up Google to find out what a plantain was before I could come to grips with this evil fruit.

Now I'll have to go to reconciliation every time I have a banana with my cereal for breakfast just in case it was a plantain - a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Plantains are bananas, but just starchier and harder to open. :) But yes, the whole point of the thread is to show why evangelical pastors must not spread fear, cos that would turn people off to the Christian faith.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,156,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Plantains are much bigger. Also hard as a rock until the peel is pretty well black. You can't confuse them. Fried Plantain is great.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟307,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Plantains are much bigger. Also hard as a rock until the peel is pretty well black. You can't confuse them. Fried Plantain is great.
Aren't Plantains usually used for cooking, though?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, that's my understanding.

I never liked Bananas. They gross me out.

I like Banana cake and banana bread, though.
I like bananas, cos they taste good. Banana bread is really good.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0