• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Hungarian PM Shuns Biden and choses to meet with Trump instead

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟240,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I am pretty sure he meant wisecracker. Different term. But you knew that as well. But in case you didn't.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,028,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There are comedy clubs called Wisecrackers, etc. Never heard of it being a racist term.

Cracker yeah but wisecracker??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟238,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, as you say, there is nothing to identify them as American or Christian; they could just as easily be Dutch Zoroastrians.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟118,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And a staged group of actors and models intended to appear to be "very real American Christians" would look exactly like that picture.

And, let's remember, advertising companies stage stock photos like that all the time.

Here's one:

And another:

And yet another:

Oops.

-- A2SG, just sayin'....

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟761,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to 2024. Happens all the time.

A wisecracker, a person who engages in wisecracking, is not a racist term. And I have a hard time believing that you don't know this.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟761,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

It's an act of being deliberately dishonest. He knows what a wisecracker is, he's just engaged in bad faith acting.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟808,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's an act of being deliberately dishonest. He knows what a wisecracker is, he's just engaged in bad faith acting.

-CryptoLutheran

Is a wisecracker deliberately dishonest?

No... Another interchangeable term for wisecracker is a smart alec

And I was being a bit of a smart alec and @returntosender knows it - hence the mention... Lol.

Other people? They might not know they are being wisecrackers which means they might not be a wisecracker at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟808,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There's some pretty funny wise crackers posting in this thread. Guffaw.

Love you brother... And yes. I was being a wisecracker.

In my defense however it's true. I respect what the office of presidency was all my life, but I don't respect in any way the person who is sitting in it at the moment.

If I was anyone but who I am in this moment, there's no way I would be able to manage even a modicum of politeness.

I agree we need to move the national temperature down and get back to working on issues but to be honest I don't know how...How? Pretend?? That's not something real... And we do need real.

This is the fight of our lives and everything is now at stake. So I'm being real and trying to keep the wisecracks to a minimum... the best I can.

So please forgive me my occasionally wisecracking self...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟391,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

-CryptoLutheran
It's not being dishonest. It's a wise guy jokester.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Of course, and "look like American Christians" is very telling as to what "American Christianity: is all about--that is, the culture not the faith.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Evidently CPAC doesn't really know what is actually going on in Hungary or they wouldn't be so eager to have Trump hang out with Orban. Hungary has strict gun control, liberal family leave policies, free child care, Universal health coverage, low cost higher ed, outstanding public transportation and many other perks which are anathema to US conservatives.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟761,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

A wisecracker isn't deliberately dishonest.

But someone claiming that "wisecracker" is an anti-white slur because the word "cracker" has been used that way--that's dishonest. Which is what happened earlier in this thread.

It's entirely possible the poster has simply never heard of the term "wisecracker" before--but chances of that are slim to none.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Venture life, Burn your Dread
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟132,189.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, but he hates "teh gay" and likes Putin so it's ok to ignore all the other stuff.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟808,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Of course, and "look like American Christians" is very telling as to what "American Christianity: is all about--that is, the culture not the faith.

American Christianity is a culture and a way of life. And it's a beautiful one when it reflects Christ - which many do daily. I'll quote from Jonathan Haidt below:

"I got my first teaching position at the University of Virginia,” he told the CCCU. UVA draws students from all over the country, but especially from the western and southern parts of the state.

“I had never met evangelical Christians, growing up in New York and going to Ivy League schools,” Haidt said. (He received a BA from Yale University and a PhD from the UVA, then did postdoctoral work at the University of Chicago.) “Of course they were there, but they weren’t as ‘out’ as they were at UVA.”

Haidt’s Christian students “radiated a kind of sweetness, a kind of warmth and gentleness and humility that I hadn’t seen before,” he said. “It was really lovely.”

He saw the same “warmth and openness and love” from evangelical churches he visited as part of a class on moral communities. “It was really beautiful, and it touched my heart. And when your heart is open, then your mind is open.”

As one who studies morality, Haidt was also impressed with the Bible (“among the richest repositories of psychological wisdom ever assembled”) and with the actions of Christians (“religious conservative Americans are . . . more generous with their time and money [than secular Americans]”).

“I started realizing that the scientific community at that time . . . was really underestimating and misunderstanding religion,” he said.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, but he hates "teh gay" and likes Putin so it's ok to ignore all the other stuff.
Yes, Orban is an autocrat with a stick in one hand, but he has a carrot in the other. Trump's supporters just want the stick.

Upvote 0