• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

How the universe can be forever

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The universe is a little early, so it haven`t happened yet probably, but when a black hole get`s heavy enough, it collapses, and forms a new sun, all the matter is gathers, all the used energy, makes it heavier, and heavier, all matter is energy, and when the sun burns, it makes old energy, old energy have a little mass to it, that`s also how planets can have more mass, than it seems possible without saying it`s from black matter, yes, I don`t really believe in dark energy, or black matter, but you have something called old energy which forms when sun burns, that old energy gathers around planets because of gravity, so there`s the explaination of how it can stay together, so the universe, won`t just end in darkness, there`s always black holes that`ll form a new sun again, but a downside to the theory of traveling through a wormhole though, since black holes just gathers mass until it collapses, there`s no tunnelling, and also, since the first sun/energy, came to be from nothing, there`s perhaps, a chance, it`ll happen again, and since the universe is infinite in all directions also, there have to be infininte amount of black matter also to cover it all, the theory is that it just stretches, and stretches, until the universe collapses, but I don`t think that`s true, what`s your take on it?

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟834,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
The universe is a little early, so it haven`t happened yet probably, but when a black hole get`s heavy enough, it collapses, and forms a new sun, all the matter is gathers, all the used energy, makes it heavier, and heavier, all matter is energy, and when the sun burns, it makes old energy, old energy have a little mass to it, that`s also how planets can have more mass, than it seems possible without saying it`s from black matter, yes, I don`t really believe in dark energy, or black matter, but you have something called old energy which forms when sun burns, that old energy gathers around planets because of gravity, so there`s the explaination of how it can stay together, so the universe, won`t just end in darkness, there`s always black holes that`ll form a new sun again, but a downside to the theory of traveling through a wormhole though, since black holes just gathers mass until it collapses, there`s no tunnelling, and also, since the first sun/energy, came to be from nothing, there`s perhaps, a chance, it`ll happen again, and since the universe is infinite in all directions also, there have to be infininte amount of black matter also to cover it all, the theory is that it just stretches, and stretches, until the universe collapses, but I don`t think that`s true, what`s your take on it?
It either will, or it won't. Chance has no ability to determine anything.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟268,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think you have a whole lot of reading you need to do.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,280.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
........................................................... a few full stops you might want to use. Reading your post gives me a headache.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟269,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  1. There is no such thing as new energy or old energy.
  2. Suns aren't formed from black holes
  3. There is no such thing as black matter
  4. The universe might end in darkness
  5. Noone has said that the first sun/energy came from nothing.
  6. Noone has said that the universe is infinite in all directions
  7. Noone has said that there is an infinite amount of black matter (dark matter/dark energy???)

Upvote 0

Diamond72

Dispensationalist 72
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟89,909.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
so the universe, won`t just end in darkness
God showed me the universe is expanding now, but there will be a time when it will all shrink and come back together again. The Hasidic talk about how the vessel was shattered, but the sparks will be gathered. Science uses the word contract.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟269,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
God showed me the universe is expanding now, but there will be a time when it will all shrink and come back together again. The Hasidic talk about how the vessel was shattered, but the sparks will be gathered. Science uses the word contract.
Rather imagining that god visits you personally and gifts you and only you this knowledge, which is a very lazy and unverifiable way to come into knowledge and of course you think you have the answer but most likely have no idea how to explain it to any knowledgable person other that to say, "well god told me, so there!"
It would be much better to do the leg work, discover the knowledge for yourself. Seek out scientific based sites, books, journals etc. Understand how it actually works so that you not only have the answer, but you could explain it, explain the experiments and observations that have been made and how they distinguish between the three types of universes.

Do the hard yards. If you are too lazy to do that, you really don't deserve a god to just come along and gift it to you. the answer. You learn nothing from being gifted answers.

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

It`s easy to disprove the expansion-theory, because since the universe is infinite, black matter or energy, have to be infinite in amount also, which doesn`t make sense

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟834,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Rather imagining that god visits you personally and gifts you and only you this knowledge, which is a very lazy and unverifiable way to come into knowledge and of course you think you have the answer but most likely have no idea how to explain it to any knowledgable person other that to say, "well god told me, so there!"
It would be much better to do the leg work, discover the knowledge for yourself. Seek out scientific based sites, books, journals etc. Understand how it actually works so that you not only have the answer, but you could explain it, explain the experiments and observations that have been made and how they distinguish between the three types of universes.

Do the hard yards. If you are too lazy to do that, you really don't deserve a god to just come along and gift it to you. the answer. You learn nothing from being gifted answers.
Not to defend someone who claims God revealed such a thing to him, but God doesn't gift based upon what a person deserves, but for his own purposes. Other'n that, and perhaps a few implications from "reveal" (if it were so), though, I agree with you.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟265,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
It`s easy to disprove the expansion-theory, because since the universe is infinite, black matter or energy, have to be infinite in amount also, which doesn`t make sense
Congratulations on disproving a scientific theory that doesn't exist.

• Winner
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟342,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Or you could just go *MEASURE* it. All you need to do is measure the recession velocities of some nearby galaxies and independently measure the distance and it will be there staring you in the face -- the Universe is expanding and we *MEASURE* it.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟269,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not to defend someone who claims God revealed such a thing to him, but God doesn't gift based upon what a person deserves, but for his own purposes. Other'n that, and perhaps a few implications from "reveal" (if it were so), though, I agree with you.
Thanks for clarifying how the belief system goes. I wasn't saying or implying that god is making a decision about what a person deserves. I was offering my own opinion. I personally don't think lazy people deserve to be gifted answers, I prefer them to put some effort and thinking into things. Its the best way to learn and to understand enough so that it sticks.

Upvote 0

Questioning Brother

Apr 29, 2014
✟78,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1) Early? How so?
2) Energy Transforms, but is neither lost nor created. We have the exact same amount of energy we started with.
3) Matter is NOT energy. They behave differently. Mass has an energy equivalent, and can be transformed into energy, but they are discreet classifications.
4) The energy the sun puts out is due to nuclear fusion.
5) There is now old energy around planets. Energy is not affected by gravity.
6) Dark matter is simply a form of matter that doesn't radiate light. Otherwise, all the rules for matter apply.
7) Black holes are called black holes because they are so dense and the gravity is so high light cannot escape. They do not form new suns. There is one explanation for the end of life of a black hole that says it gets so heavy that eventually it compresses everything into a super dense, super hot point approximately the size of an atom that tears through into another dimension. This theory posits that that is where the Bog Bang comes from.
8) Wormholes are science fiction.

Take some actual science classes. They will help you understand much of the questions you are asking about.

Questioning brother
Science Teacher, B.S. Geology/Physics

Upvote 0