• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Have I missed the marriage boat? 45/M

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟714,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I meant it would be impractical from my end of it. Trying to keep up with a toddler on a hourly/daily basis is a game for the young. I wouldn't want the kid to keep hearing "daddy's too old and too tired for that".

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟326,655.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I meant it would be impractical from my end of it. Trying to keep up with a toddler on a hourly/daily basis is a game for the young. I wouldn't want the kid to keep hearing "daddy's too old and too tired for that".

Might be good exercise. Otherwise, that's a fair point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟1,013,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ironically, Europe have mostly laidback, slow-paced culture among Caucasians. That is how I have come to know Europe from relatives who married Europeans, European clients, and from watching European movies.

They're mimicking aristocrats and the old money set. Clothes, lifestyle, schools, hobbies, etc. The biggest consumer for etiquette courses are Asians. In American it's largely coastal. The east maintains a cache but the west has its own flavor and proximity to celebrities.

Although Europe has the qualities you've noted the moneyed move to a different rhythm that's largely unchanged. The season still exists and events occur throughout the year around the globe. The fashion calendar was designed for that purpose. A 2013 article by Business Insider said the yearly expense for a socialite was nearly half a million and than was ten years ago.

Some opt for the intelligentsia path. They're not wealthy but they're financially comfortable. The others are celebrity clones. They're influenced by K-pop and social media. All three are spenders but the reasons behind their materialism differs.

~bella

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟326,655.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Ironically, I do like the European culture. I think they maybe a good role model.

Just not the "European culture" and "European image" portrayed by Hollywood and generally, the American entertainment media. It does not represent the majority of people born in Europe.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟1,013,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

The culture hasn't shifted as swiftly as ours but change is underway. That's why you see more unrest and protests. Plus the influx of Americans on more affordable locations is having a negative effect. The rise in remote work and digital nomads is pricing out the locals and increasing the cost of living.

~bella

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0