• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Goodness can be presented in a story.

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟148,991.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I like to watch some old films because they tell stories that warm my heart and help me to remember what Goodness is in this world and in people who live in it. So I commend the film linked below to you all.

Here is a story of goodness that the Lord, our saviour told. It has a lesson, and it contains truths worth knowing.

And behold a certain lawyer stood up, tempting him and saying, Master, what must I do to possess eternal life? But he said to him: What is written in the law? How readest thou? He answering, said: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart and with thy whole soul and with all thy strength and with all thy mind: and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said to him: Thou hast answered right. This do: and thou shalt live. But he willing to justify himself, said to Jesus: And who is my neighbour? And Jesus answering, said:

A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho and fell among robbers, who also stripped him and having wounded him went away, leaving him half dead. And it chanced, that a certain priest went down the same way: and seeing him, passed by. In like manner also a Levite, when he was near the place and saw him, passed by. But a certain Samaritan, being on his journey, came near him: and seeing him, was moved with compassion: And going up to him, bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine: and setting him upon his own beast, brought him to an inn and took care of him. And the next day he took out two pence and gave to the host and said: Take care of him; and whatsoever thou shalt spend over and above, I, at my return, will repay thee.

Which of these three, in thy opinion, was neighbour to him that fell among the robbers? But he said: He that shewed mercy to him. And Jesus said to him: Go, and do thou in like manner.​
(Luke 10:25-37 DRB)

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟588,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Old movies are the best, specifically from the late 1930s up through the 2000s or so. Also, thanks for that passage from Luke 10:25-37 from the DRB, the Good Samaritan (looks like I will have to make a devotional of that passage one of these days). Jesus had some really good parables, and only lived until His 30s, but has done more than all of humanity's lifetimes, or literature combined (John 21:25). Looks like I will have to find some time to watch this movie.

This is St. Luke, the patron saint of Physicians who wrote the Gospel of Luke near the end of the 1st century

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums