Free will and determinism

Bradskii

I've been this way ten years to the day...
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟269,449.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'd like it if everyone kept their politics and alternative paradigms out of this. But being the Critical Realist that I am, I know that's not fully possible.
It's quite impossible if you keep bringing religion into the discussion. Just take it elsewhere - go start a thread on determinism and religion. Or free will and the soul. Maybe someone might be interested.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,165,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's quite impossible if you keep bringing religion into the discussion. Just take it elsewhere - go start a thread on determinism and religion. Or free will and the soul. Maybe someone might be interested.

What part of "not fully possible" are you having a difficult time comprehending?

You don't seem to understand the underlying problem here and as to why no one here (including you, whether you admit it to yourself or not) is able to fully separate out their most central ideals from their politics. This fusion is "determined," and while we can all learn to practice engagement with foreign or dissenting ideals from our own, the effort to discuss some topic in a thoroughly unbiased, so-called "Completely Objective and Neutral" way is a pipe dream.

Anyway, I really am finished saying what I'm going to say in this thread. Maybe we'll find something better to discuss in the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,165,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I gave you a thumbs up for offering a thoughtful post, but I think you missed, and misunderstood, some of my finer points.

Unfortunately, the timer for my alighting upon this particular thread just dinged............................

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I've been this way ten years to the day...
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟269,449.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You don't seem to understand the underlying problem here and as to why no one here (including you, whether you admit it to yourself or not) is able to fully separate out their most central ideals from their politics.
I guess you just have to try harder.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0