Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Francine Rivers
Bodie Thoene
Ted Dekker
Frank Perretti
John Grisham (he's a Christian, but he doesn't exactly write "Christian" books, but they seem to have a Christian worldview)
Lynn Austin

And if you like the classics...

C.S. Lewis
J.R.R. Tolkien

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elf_lady_9

the book loving Elven Calvinist
Mar 13, 2006
in a house in a city in a state in a country on an
✟16,278.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Janette Oke. i know, i know, so original. :p

I used to read Bill Myers when i was a kid; he writes the Mcgee and Me books and the Wally Mcdoogle books, but i kinda outgrew them. :p

i also liked Patricia St. John when i was younger, especially because she had a book called Rainbow Garden, and the main character was a girl named Philipa, which is the name of my own sister. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ItalianAngel

~Angels watching over me...~
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
dividing my time between Pittsburgh, PA & McFarlan
Visit site
✟52,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Frank Peretti. I just love his style of writing. It reminds me alot of Steven King, sans the sex, violence and cussing. He just has a way of drawing the reader in and keeping them on the edge of their seat and really involved with each of his books.

I recently read The Visitation and Monster. Wow. Both excellent. I would have to say that Prophet is my favorite F.P. book, but they're all quite excellent, IMHO.

blessings,
~Michele

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

white_frog914

I love you but I'm still a liar
Oct 4, 2004
Kokomo, Indiana
Visit site
✟1,968.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
This has probably been said a thousand times, but my favourite Christian author has got to be Frank Peretti, I've never read a book of his that didn't envelop me within the story.

A very very very close second has to be Barbara Johnson.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
ItalianAngel said:
Frank Peretti. I just love his style of writing. It reminds me alot of Steven King, sans the sex, violence and cussing. He just has a way of drawing the reader in and keeping them on the edge of their seat and really involved with each of his books.

I recently read The Visitation and Monster. Wow. Both excellent. I would have to say that Prophet is my favorite F.P. book, but they're all quite excellent, IMHO.

blessings,
~Michele

Reps for your comments. I share your observations and is also my reasons for enjoying Frank Peretti,so much.

I also enjoy Beverly Lewis who writes Amish-themed books, Janette Oke's wonderful "Love Comes Softly" series,and Tim F. LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins awesome 12 book Left Behind series,please do not judge them by the horrendous films! Plus C.S. Lewis

Upvote 0