• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Donald Trump Says God Saved Him. He Can Repay God by Defending Life.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
COMMENTARY: If the Republican presidential candidate truly believes that God twice spared him from assassination, he has a moral duty to oppose abortion.

“God has now spared my life … not once, but twice.”

So said Donald Trump this week, reflecting on the failure of two would-be assassins to kill him. The first attempt on his life, in July, came within millimeters of killing the former president. The second attempt, earlier this month, was disrupted by law enforcement before the shooter could pull the trigger. These brushes with death have left the president — and millions of voters — with the firm belief that God himself intervened. As the Trump said last week, “God has now spared my life … not once, but twice.”

Unsurprisingly, the media has jumped on anyone who holds this view, belittling Christians for believing that God intervenes in the world, much less on behalf of Donald Trump. But the criticism isn’t fair. God works in mysterious ways, so it’s fair to wonder if he intervened to let Trump fulfill some larger plan. At the same time, God hasn’t told us what that plan is. Until we get some revelation from heaven, those of us on earth will struggle to discern God’s will.

That duty of discernment now falls to Trump himself. If he honestly thinks God saved him, he should be asking a simple question: What does God want me to do in return?

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,181,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That duty of discernment now falls to Trump himself. If he honestly thinks God saved him, he should be asking a simple question: What does God want me to do in return?
Convert maybe and become an intentional disciple of Jesus Christ. What else really matters?

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,181,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I personally believe God did spare Trump's life. But what does that mean even if he did and I believe he did? Does that mean God wants him to be the President because of this? Or could it mean he saved him just to show an act of mercy?
It DOES follow that if God saved his life that God has some purpose for him. It DOES NOT follow that because God saved his life that God wants him to be president. Maybe God just gives him another opportunity for a saving faith and shakes him up a bit in the process so he doesn't miss out on the opportunity.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟530,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts. His ways are higher than our ways.

Sometimes I think it's easy to forget that Donald Trump is not just a former President, and a presidential candidate in the 2024 election, but he's also a husband, and father, and grandfather. He has a family who does probably love him very much. And so, in saving his life, we cannot know God's purposes in it. Whether it was for some higher purpose, or was a very generous act of mercy towards Donald himself, or perhaps even towards someone(s) else in the Trump family who needs their husband, father, grandfather to be in their life at this time. We just can't know. But I do personally believe God's protection of Trump's life has been an answer to prayer. Somebody's prayers. Maybe many 'somebody's' prayers ... for many are continually praying for him.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟789,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
COMMENTARY: If the Republican presidential candidate truly believes that God twice spared him from assassination, he has a moral duty to oppose abortion.

“God has now spared my life … not once, but twice.”

So said Donald Trump this week, reflecting on the failure of two would-be assassins to kill him. The first attempt on his life, in July, came within millimeters of killing the former president. The second attempt, earlier this month, was disrupted by law enforcement before the shooter could pull the trigger. These brushes with death have left the president — and millions of voters — with the firm belief that God himself intervened. As the Trump said last week, “God has now spared my life … not once, but twice.”

Unsurprisingly, the media has jumped on anyone who holds this view, belittling Christians for believing that God intervenes in the world, much less on behalf of Donald Trump. But the criticism isn’t fair. God works in mysterious ways, so it’s fair to wonder if he intervened to let Trump fulfill some larger plan. At the same time, God hasn’t told us what that plan is. Until we get some revelation from heaven, those of us on earth will struggle to discern God’s will.

Continued below.
Paul tells us that God “works all things according to the counsel of His will” (Eph. 1:11). All things are subject to God's immediate control. All things happen according to His eternal purpose ... whether through intervention or not.

According to His eternal purpose ... we are not privy to knowing if/when He directly intervenes or when He allows things to happen ... (play out without intervening). It's something we simply do not know. He is all knowing ... not us.

Regardless of how something happens ... doesn't matter ... God is in control and one day He is going to right all wrongs. We rest in that.

His ways are higher .... eternal purposes.

Did God intervene with Trump? Maybe ... maybe not .... we do not know.

Upvote 0