• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Does it ever make you wonder if the scriptures are truly meant for humans?

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟326,431.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes" - Matthew 5:20

There are accounts in the Bible that had strong parallels in historic astronomical events. It wasn't describing fallen angels with eyes and wings fighting mortal men but two galaxies colliding with one galaxy "victorious" over the other and completely absorbing it.

It seems to paint the picture that celestial bodies are alive in extremely long timescales that we are way too short-lived to observe any evidence of sentience.

If stars could talk, the entire thousands of years of human existence must have only existed with only vowel being enunciated, not even a word! Absolutely nothing to analyze and we'd assume, they're nothing more than lifeless matter in space.

That God and the angels are any one of those massive celestial bodies in space.....If we are created in His image then we'd also be like stars but we are not. We are flesh and bones and limbs then who are we?

Did we simply receive a copy of the scriptures for celestial bodies and decided to adopt it as our own that we humans are the ones it is talking about?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟326,431.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Who else would they be for?

"Stars that were cast down to Earth" (as reference to Satan and his fallen angels. The first thing that goes to the mind of a Christian is that it's not a literal.

But to someone familiar with astronomy, Similar events have actually happened in our own galaxy. Stars that were flung out would have come from somewhere, another galaxy. The dragon in the sky would be another galaxy - satan and his *starry* host as worded in the Bible.

If the angels are stars then who are the "men" to whom they came to? And then the scribes trying to fill in the gaps for they have not been truthful in their professions lacking in righteousness.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,114,081.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Stars that were cast down to Earth" (as reference to Satan and his fallen angels.
Why would the Scriptures be for Satan and his angels?
They hate God and are incapable of having a relationship with him.
But to someone familiar with astronomy, Similar events have actually happened in our own galaxy. Stars that were flung out would have come from somewhere, another galaxy. The dragon in the sky would be another galaxy
But that's got nothing to do with who the Scriptures were written for.
You think that all the prophets, the evangelists and the Apostles were writing for Satan and his angels??

If the angels are stars then who are the "men" to whom they came to?
Human beings - men and women, mankind - were created by God.

I don't know what your point is.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟326,431.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Diviners, witches, and sorcerers worked with stars.

If they were just lifeless stars.... But both the Bible and occultist doesn't seem to refer to stars as lifeless objects.

"Nations and their guardian Angels" would be the astronomical equivalent of Solar systems. Earth would just be one of the many "nations" in our galaxy or the whole Solar System being just one nation or Star-planet relationship.

In our solar system, our Sun would be the Egyptian "Ra" and possibly a fallen angel.

Many nations are ruled by fallen angels. Earth is one of them (1 John 5:19)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟326,431.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why would the Scriptures be for Satan and his angels?
They hate God and are incapable of having a relationship with him.

I never said they were.

I still think the scriptures were meant for "humans"

but what are "humans" really. There are things written in the Bible that "humans" may not be flesh and blood. Physical beings but are not us but something else entirely.

Created in the image of God but God isn't flesh and blood.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,114,081.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said they were.

Well of course they were.
but what are "humans" really. There are things written in the Bible that "humans" may not be flesh and blood.
But they are.
Physical beings but are not us
Well I'm certainly human; I don't know about you.
"In the image of" doesn't mean "of the same substance as".

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟271,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I never said they were.

but what are "humans" really. There are things written in the Bible that "humans" may not be flesh and blood. Physical beings but are not us but something else entirely.

-
Who do you believe Jesus is.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟987,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes" - Matthew 5:20

There are accounts in the Bible that had strong parallels in historic astronomical events. It wasn't describing fallen angels with eyes and wings fighting mortal men but two galaxies colliding with one galaxy "victorious" over the other and completely absorbing it.

It seems to paint the picture that celestial bodies are alive in extremely long timescales that we are way too short-lived to observe any evidence of sentience.

If stars could talk, the entire thousands of years of human existence must have only existed with only vowel being enunciated, not even a word! Absolutely nothing to analyze and we'd assume, they're nothing more than lifeless matter in space.

That God and the angels are any one of those massive celestial bodies in space.....If we are created in His image then we'd also be like stars but we are not. We are flesh and bones and limbs then who are we?

Did we simply receive a copy of the scriptures for celestial bodies and decided to adopt it as our own that we humans are the ones it is talking about?
It is best to have a deeper understanding of Jewish culture their use of idioms, hyperbole and imagery before jumping to conclusions that are out of this world.
Blessings

Upvote 0

David Lamb

May 30, 2024
Paignton
✟16,611.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

The bible does not says that stars have life, nor that God and the angels are stars. The only verse I could find where angels and stars are linked is this one:

“"The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.” (Re 1:20 NKJV)

However, that was a dream or vision. All the commentaries I have read on Revelation say that the angels of the seven churches are their pastors. Nowhere does the bible say that God is a star, even in a vision.

Last edited:
Upvote 0