• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Do you listen to Christian Radio?

JesseRaymondBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟463,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey all,
Just curious who here listens to Christian Radio and what stations you like. I love Air1 in particular.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all,
Just curious who here listens to Christian Radio and what stations you like. I love Air1 in particular.
Not really (have not since the mid-2010s around 2015, when my dad stopped listening to it) as a lot of artists have become worldly, focused on money/profit, and began following the pop trends, though, I do like Lauren Daigle.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟231,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh yes of course. I listen to it in the car. If you don't, I encourage you to.

There used to be a station I used to like, a big one in my city’s market, but I think the station lost their root in God’s Word, the songs just sound like secular love songs. I found a new one not that long ago & find it much more Biblically based where the lyrics pull from the Bible. This station you need a log-in to listen to online so I don’t listen to it at work, I listen to Christian music on YouTube at work

Not really (have not since the mid-2010s around 2015, when my dad stopped listening to it) as a lot of artists have become worldly, focused on money/profit, and began following the pop trends, though, I do like Lauren Daigle.
Agreed. Most don't sound any different the lyrics aren't any different then what you'd find in secular pop songs. There are a lot of good ones tho. I wouldn't a lot of them sung in church, but they're good to listen to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh yes of course. I listen to it in the car. If you don't, I encourage you to.

There used to be a station I used to like, a big one in my city’s market, but I think the station lost their root in God’s Word, the songs just sound like secular love songs. I found a new one not that long ago & find it much more Biblically based where the lyrics pull from the Bible. This station you need a log-in to listen to online so I don’t listen to it at work, I listen to Christian music on YouTube at work

Agreed. Most don't sound any different the lyrics aren't any different then what you'd find in secular pop songs. There are a lot of good ones tho. I wouldn't a lot of them sung in church, but they're good to listen to.
Agreed.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Out here in Missouri, I enjoy listening to SpiritFM as well as JoyFM.
Nice. In Minnesota, we used to listen to 98.5 KTIS. Now, in my city, we have Life 102.5 FM. A lot of these modern songs on KTIS and Life 102.5 have autotune. My mom is from Missouri by the way. :) She had to leave religion for a few years as a teen (cos her parents were part of a cult called the Christian Scientists, which are not Christian or scientific, a misnomer), but then slowly found her way back to a good church over the years.

KTIS: 98.5 KTIS

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟118,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nice. In Minnesota, we used to listen to 98.5 KTIS. Now, in my city, we have Life 102.5 FM. A lot of these modern songs on KTIS and Life 102.5 have autotune. My mom is from Missouri by the way. :) She had to leave religion for a few years as a teen (cos her parents were part of a cult called the Christian Scientists, which are not Christian or scientific, a misnomer), but then slowly found her way back to a good church over the years.

KTIS: 98.5 KTIS
I'm happy that your mother escaped from the cult of Christian Scientists.
When I want to listen to Christian music, I will usually listen to one of my playlists on Spotify. Also, I have about 20 GB of Christian music on a flash drive which is plugged into my car. The Lord blesses me with great Christian Rock, Christian Contemporary Music, as well as Praise and Worship music whether I am using my phone at work, or driving around in my car back and forth from work. My favorite Christian artists are DeGarmo & Key, Petra, Disciple, Skillet, MercyMe, Newsboys, tobymac, Phil Wickham, Brandon Lake, Anne Wilson, Crowder, and many others.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟669,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Not regularly.
I will sample the local stations once or twice a year.

I worked on Christian Radio in the late 80s thru 2001. Local, major market and on a satellite network.
I quit as the format was changing from pop/rock to the P&W format.
I've never cared for the P&W stylings, not then not now.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm happy that your mother escaped from the cult of Christian Scientists.
When I want to listen to Christian music, I will usually listen to one of my playlists on Spotify. Also, I have about 20 GB of Christian music on a flash drive which is plugged into my car. The Lord blesses me with great Christian Rock, Christian Contemporary Music, as well as Praise and Worship music whether I am using my phone at work, or driving around in my car back and forth from work. My favorite Christian artists are DeGarmo & Key, Petra, Disciple, Skillet, MercyMe, Newsboys, tobymac, Phil Wickham, Brandon Lake, Anne Wilson, Crowder, and many others.
Thank you. It is good that my mom escaped that cult at a young age. Also, it is great that you have 20 GB of Christian music. We both like MercyMe, Newsboys, and TobyMac. Also, Matt Redman is another good one, same with Chris Tomlin. Christian music was best from the 1980s-2014 or so. Newer 2010s stuff became autotuned and other effects kinda made Christian music sound like pop. However, Lauren Daigle makes good slow Christian ballads in the 2020s.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One more thing, I love small artists. This guy, Minstree, is Korean and makes Christian music and is not attached to any record labels. First heard of him in 2021 or so.

Minstree - In His Name (2019)

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟118,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This is an old song from DeGarmo and Key. I believe that it first came out either in 1984 or 1986. To this day, it still remains one of my all time favorite Christian songs!!

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is an old song from DeGarmo and Key. I believe that it first came out either in 1984 or 1986. To this day, it still remains one of my all time favorite Christian songs!!
I like the 1980s. A good decade for music in general, love those synths and vocals.

Rich Mullins was also from the same era as well.

Same with this guy, who released music a few years later (Michael W. Smith - Agnus Dei, release year: 1990)

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟118,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like the 1980s. A good decade for music in general, love those synths and vocals.

Rich Mullins was also from the same era as well.

Same with this guy, who released music a few years later (Michael W. Smith - Agnus Dei, release year: 1990)
I am also a big fan of Rich Mullins as well as Michael W. Smith!!!

• Winner
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am also a big fan of Rich Mullins as well as Michael W. Smith!!!
Awesome. We are similar. I have not heard these guys on Christian radio in a while, as most Christian radio songs are from the past 5-20 years or less it seems. Goes to show how much of an old soul I am, or how much better 1980s music is compared to 2010s-2020s stuff. :)

It is getting late here, but I will always have a place in my heart for the late-20th century.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

a pilgrim

Not a fan, but a follower.
Jul 8, 2011
✟16,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all,
For music, we listen to, and enjoy our local Cincinnati station, Star 93.3
For preaching/teaching, I like our local 93.7.

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟123,258.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Here in Northern Ireland. we have Premier Christian Radio, Premier Praise, United Christian Broadcasters 1 and 2, all available on DAB radio. I listen to the stations in rotation, along with secular stations in the car. I enjoy some of it, but not all.

Gillian

Upvote 0