• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Divine intervention? 'Politics in the Pews' looks at impact of Trump's assassination attempt on Evangelicals

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,019,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The groundbreaking podcast “Politics in the Pews” recently delved into how, in the span of just 30 days, the 2024 race for the White House experienced a seismic shift, triggered by a shocking event that many believe was marked by divine intervention.

In the latest episode of the series, titled “Blood on the Campaign Trail,” host and Christian Post reporter Ian Giatti recounts how, on July 13, at a campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, former President Donald Trump narrowly escaped an assassination attempt that claimed the life of 50-year-old former fire chief Corey Comperatore and left two others seriously wounded.

Continued below.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟121,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let's not look at this as an endorsement.
TBT, Trump was guarded more heavily than the unfortunate firefighter who died protecting his family.
I pray God is comforting his family, and expect God will stay out of politics.
I am praying for the families of those who were shot at that rally in Butler. Also, let us also remember that if Trump didn't turn his head at exactly the right second, the bullet would have hit him directly in his head instead of just clipping his ear. I really don't believe that the Bible shows that the Lord God stays out of politics.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,191,934.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If God did intervene to spare Trump's life (and I do not believe he would do that while allowing Hurricane Debby, the systematic slaughter of the Palestinians in Gaza, and other tragedies) we don't know the reason.
God spared St. Paul when lightning struck his horse, but the accident alerted him to his need for an extreme makeover, a total 100% conversion.
If God spared Trump, it may or may not have been for that reason. But will people want a changed Trump? In any case, he seems not to have changed, and why speculate.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟975,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If God did intervene to spare Trump's life (and I do not believe he would do that while allowing Hurricane Debby, the systematic slaughter of the Palestinians in Gaza, and other tragedies) we don't know the reason.
Every miracle in the Bible can be doubted - by using the argument above -- that some place on Earth during that same month or season -- some tragedy occurred.
God spared St. Paul when lightning struck his horse, but the accident alerted him to his need for an extreme makeover, a total 100% conversion.
No doubt. But how many other people died from Roman brutality, from earth quake, flood , fire, mishap in the same year that Paul was spared? Does any of that cancel the miracle in Paul's case?
If God spared Trump, it may or may not have been for that reason. But will people want a changed Trump?
"all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Rom 3:23
Trump is a presidential candidate and I pray for all the best for him.

I pray the plumber that comes to my house - is blessed by God as well.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟64,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find in interesting that the assumption is that when God intervenes it indicates favor. Unless God tells us why, we don't know why He does something. If we accept that God is in control of all things, then we also have to accept that nothing happens unless He permits it or caused it to be so. Oh, we might say we accept that, but then we come to a situation like a natural disaster or some other tragedy and shy away from the hard question of why, a question that may never be answered and which some do not get past.

I have absolutely no problem believing God spared Trump's life. None at all. As to why God spared Trump's life, unless He tells us we cannot know. We may as well ask why God has spared us.

• Agree
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,330,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I find in interesting that the assumption is that when God intervenes it indicates favor.

I agree. It's just wishful thinking. Especially when it comes from the hoi polloi, and not anybody with a confirmed prophetic gift.

There's all sorts of reasons why Providence might have spared Trump's life, none of which has to do with divine favor. Those kinds of things have to do with God's secret will, and not God's revealed will.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟309,340.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Let's not look at this as an endorsement.
TBT, Trump was guarded more heavily than the unfortunate firefighter who died protecting his family.
I pray God is comforting his family, and expect God will stay out of politics.
Huh? When Did God take a hands off approach with politics ever? Like I get why you want God out of politics Fantine because God is against you morally, but when did God decide to become a Deistic God in your reckoning?

Upvote 0

Francis 1928

Jul 10, 2024
Simpsonville
✟14,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find in interesting that the assumption is that when God intervenes it indicates favor. Unless God tells us why, we don't know why He does something. If we accept that God is in control of all things, then we also have to accept that nothing happens unless He permits it or caused it to be so. Oh, we might say we accept that, but then we come to a situation like a natural disaster or some other tragedy and shy away from the hard question of why, a question that may never be answered and which some do not get past.

I have absolutely no problem believing God spared Trump's life. None at all. As to why God spared Trump's life, unless He tells us we cannot know. We may as well ask why God has spared us.
I believe that our Lord doesnt micromanage everything .Did he actually save Trump? As much as Ide like to believe so We could never really know. God of course has his ways of protecting or saving .For example WWII . Some may argue if there is a God why not stop the Hitler and his army ?Well I believe he provided us and our Allies to stop him and so we did .He uses others to do good .The worst security scenerio protected Trump that day . The security was riddeled with incompetence up to the highest levels.Yet somehow through a stroke of luck of him moving his head he walked away with a minor injury .

• Agree
Upvote 0