• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Icyspark

Oct 2, 2020
Least coast
✟93,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 10:32-33
“Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

What does it mean to deny Jesus? Is it simply not accepting Him as your Savior? Could it be something more like the example of Peter's experience in which he denied that he knew Jesus three times (see Matthew 26:34-35; 75)? I believe either of these would certainly qualify as a denial of Jesus. But what about our actions. Can we, by our very actions, be denying Jesus? Let's take a look at what Paul has to say:
Titus 1:16
They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

The above is Paul speaking with regard to a "rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception" and who are "teaching things they ought not to teach." He says to "rebuke them sharply so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to . . . the merely human commands of those who reject the truth." This is a group of people apparently in the church otherwise there wouldn't be much point in rebuking them so they'd be "sound in the faith." These people "claim to know God," but their actions reveal a different story. Paul says, "by their actions they deny him." Just because a person claims to know God doesn't mean that person in fact has a relationship with Him. God has revealed that our love for Him is to be manifested in our obedience to Him. Jesus says, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. . . Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching." That's pretty simple, isn't it?

Likewise, the apostle John writes, "We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says, 'I know him,' but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did." Do you know Jesus? Are you living as Jesus did?

Jude writes about people secretly slipping in among true believers. About these pretenders he says, "They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord." In this case Jude concludes that a denying of Jesus Christ is tied to those who make God's grace into a license for immorality. This is ǝpısdn uʍop World thinking on display. Paul addresses this pretender's mindset asking, "Shall we continue to sin, that grace may abound? He immediately answers his own question saying, "God forbid!"

In 2 Timothy 3, Paul describes what people will be like in the last days. He says they will be "lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." These same people, he says, will also have a "form of godliness" (2 Timothy 3:5) while at the same time they are "denying its power." The pretenders can be identified in how they reject the power of God to overcome what the flesh desires (Romans 8:5).

What do you suppose would be the opposite to denying Jesus? Jesus provides the answer: "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." To deny self is a denial of our flesh and what our flesh desires. To deny self would mean obedience to Jesus. Taking up our cross means we crucify "the flesh with its passions and desires." (Galatians 5:24) If you are living according to the Spirit you will not be in a state of denying the Spirit's power to "put to death the misdeeds of the body" so that "you will live."

ALSO BY THIS AUTHOR
I pray this helps.

But for the grace of God go I,cyspark

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟975,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 14:15 -- IF you Love Me KEEP My commandments
Ex 20:6 "Love Me and KEEP My Commandments"
John 15:14 those who Love Me - KEEP My Commandments
1 John 5:3 "THIS IS the LOVE of God , what we KEEP His Commandments"

Rev 14:12 "the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"
1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"

Eph 6:1-2 where "Honor your father and mother is the FIRST commandment with a promise" in that unit of TEN

Heb 8:6-12 it is CHRIST speaking His commandments at Sinai.
Deut 5:22 at Sinai God spoke the Ten "and added NO more"

The point is not that we should ignore all but the TEN - but the point is that the TEN are most certainly included in the Jer 31:31-34 "Law written on the heart" under the New Covenant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟542,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
“Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.

What does it mean to deny Jesus? Is it simply not accepting Him as your Savior? Could it be something more like the example of Peter's experience in which he denied that he knew Jesus three times (see Matthew 26:34-35; 75)? I believe either of these would certainly qualify as a denial of Jesus. But what about our actions. Can we, by our very actions, be denying Jesus? Let's take a look at what Paul has to say:
They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

The above is Paul speaking with regard to a "rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception" and who are "teaching things they ought not to teach." He says to "rebuke them sharply so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to . . . the merely human commands of those who reject the truth." This is a group of people apparently in the church otherwise there wouldn't be much point in rebuking them so they'd be "sound in the faith." These people "claim to know God," but their actions reveal a different story. Paul says, "by their actions they deny him." Just because a person claims to know God doesn't mean that person in fact has a relationship with Him. God has revealed that our love for Him is to be manifested in our obedience to Him. Jesus says, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. . . Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching." That's pretty simple, isn't it?

Likewise, the apostle John writes, "We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says, 'I know him,' but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did." Do you know Jesus? Are you living as Jesus did?

Jude writes about people secretly slipping in among true believers. About these pretenders he says, "They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord." In this case Jude concludes that a denying of Jesus Christ is tied to those who make God's grace into a license for immorality. This is ǝpısdn uʍop World thinking on display. Paul addresses this pretender's mindset asking, "Shall we continue to sin, that grace may abound? He immediately answers his own question saying, "God forbid!"

In 2 Timothy 3, Paul describes what people will be like in the last days. He says they will be "lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." These same people, he says, will also have a "form of godliness" (2 Timothy 3:5) while at the same time they are "denying its power." The pretenders can be identified in how they reject the power of God to overcome what the flesh desires (Romans 8:5).

What do you suppose would be the opposite to denying Jesus? Jesus provides the answer: "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." To deny self is a denial of our flesh and what our flesh desires. To deny self would mean obedience to Jesus. Taking up our cross means we crucify "the flesh with its passions and desires." (Galatians 5:24) If you are living according to the Spirit you will not be in a state of denying the Spirit's power to "put to death the misdeeds of the body" so that "you will live."

ALSO BY THIS AUTHOR
I pray this helps.

But for the grace of God go I,cyspark
Matthew 15:3-14 also ties into this....

Keeping our own rules/traditions over obeying the commandments of God Jesus quoting directly from the Ten Commandments- our heart is far from Him because it is a denial of God obeying Him based on His Authority over obeying what man deems in place of God's law.

Paul touches on this to

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟729,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, we all know this thread will turn into a discussion about how, unless we keep the Sabbath, we cannot be saved. First of all that reeks of salvation by works of the old covenant's command that Israel was to keep the Sabbath. God has never required Gentile nations to observe a day, so I presume the OP would exclude millions upon millions of believers. The SDA prophet wrote that those who lived "before" "present truth" were grandfathered as being under the "test". So much for the thought that the Sabbath command is written on our hearts making us accountable. If the Sabbath were indeed written on our hearts wouldn't everyone be guilty for not keeping Sabbath? Yet Mrs. White excuses all of them before the "present Truth".

Special truths have been adapted to the conditions of the generations as they have existed. The present truth, which is a test to the people of this generation, was not a test to the people of generations far back. If the light which now shines upon us in regard to the Sabbath of the fourth commandment had been given to the generations in the past, God would have held them accountable for that light.
2T 693.1

Those who died before the light was given upon the law of God and the claims of the fourth commandment were not guilty of the sin of violating the seventh-day Sabbath. The wisdom and mercy of God in dispensing light and knowledge at the proper time, as the people need it, is unsearchable. Previous to His coming to judge the world in righteousness, He sends forth a warning to arouse the people and call their attention to their neglect of the fourth commandment, that they may be enlightened, and may repent of their transgression of His law, and prove their allegiance to the great Lawgiver. He has made provision that all may be holy and happy if they choose. Sufficient light has been given to this generation, that we may learn what our duties and privileges are, and enjoy the precious and solemn truths in their simplicity and power.
2T 693.3

Upvote 0

Icyspark

Oct 2, 2020
Least coast
✟93,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Okay, we all know this thread will turn into a discussion about how, unless we keep the Sabbath, we cannot be saved. First of all that reeks of salvation by works of the old covenant's command that Israel was to keep the Sabbath. God has never required Gentile nations to observe a day, so I presume the OP would exclude millions upon millions of believers. The SDA prophet wrote that those who lived "before" "present truth" were grandfathered as being under the "test". So much for the thought that the Sabbath command is written on our hearts making us accountable. If the Sabbath were indeed written on our hearts wouldn't everyone be guilty for not keeping Sabbath? Yet Mrs. White excuses all of them before the "present Truth".

Special truths have been adapted to the conditions of the generations as they have existed. The present truth, which is a test to the people of this generation, was not a test to the people of generations far back. If the light which now shines upon us in regard to the Sabbath of the fourth commandment had been given to the generations in the past, God would have held them accountable for that light.
2T 693.1

Those who died before the light was given upon the law of God and the claims of the fourth commandment were not guilty of the sin of violating the seventh-day Sabbath. The wisdom and mercy of God in dispensing light and knowledge at the proper time, as the people need it, is unsearchable. Previous to His coming to judge the world in righteousness, He sends forth a warning to arouse the people and call their attention to their neglect of the fourth commandment, that they may be enlightened, and may repent of their transgression of His law, and prove their allegiance to the great Lawgiver. He has made provision that all may be holy and happy if they choose. Sufficient light has been given to this generation, that we may learn what our duties and privileges are, and enjoy the precious and solemn truths in their simplicity and power.

2T 693.3

Hi Bob S,

Not that the opening post said anything about the Sabbath. Neither did either of the other two posts prior to yours. Ironically, it's you who wants to turn the topic of this thread into a discussion about the Sabbath.

Not that your tactics of changing the subject are surprising to me, but for the sake of lurkers I say this to note the fact that you didn't respond to a single Bible text or the conclusions drawn based on those texts. You did as you usually do and ignored what the Bible says and instead advocated for the elevation of your finite opinion.

WARNING BEACON DEPLOYED
To those who may be new or unfamiliar with your methodology, let me just share a few of your more glaring false teachings.

FALSE TEACHING #1: Adding and subtracting
In Deuteronomy 4:2 God says, "Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it." But you reject God's directive and do exactly what He says not to do. You're constantly attempting to either subtract at least one of the commands from the Ten Commandment covenant, or you're attempting to add the Ten into the 603.

By whose authority are you rejecting what God says?

FALSE TEACHING #2: Elevating an unbiblical number (613) and attempting to marginalize one that is biblical (Ten)
There are currently 15 pages (x20 items/page) of you bandying about this unbiblical number in your apparent attempt to disparage the one set of laws which in FACT has a numeral attached to it and which is also defined as a covenant. I'd say this is not only a fixation but an attempt to do what you used to loudly, constantly and at length insist that Adventists were trying to brainwash people. But as I pointed out, it was actually you who was employing brainwashing techniques and it's apparent that you are continuing to do so.

Please show us anywhere in the Bible where this 613 number is so we can see why it is so important that you feel the need to blast this forum with it over 300 times! If you cannot supply any biblical reference for this number—and you can't—then this is the definition of attempted brainwashing.

FALSE TEACHING #3: Sabbath of the Jews
  • Bob S says the Sabbath is for the Jews!
  • Jesus says the Sabbath is made for human beings (Mark 2:27)
You're constantly asking Sabbatarians to supply a text which indicates the Sabbath was for anyone other than the Jews. We supply all sorts of biblical evidence to validate this premise. However, the one text which "absolutely" contradicts your private interpretation is this one where Jesus indicates very plainly that He "MADE" the Sabbath for human beings. Are you a human being? Then JESUS SAYS HE MADE THE SABBATH FOR YOU. This is inclusive language. By not believing and receiving Jesus's words, you reveal that you are rejecting Jesus! What does Jesus say about those who reject Him?

FALSE TEACHING #4: Employing Postmodern thinking to reject what the Bible plainly teaches
In this post you asserted, "satin [sic] will still tempt us in every way, but Jesus can and will keep us from falling. Jn 3:16." To which I replied, "John 3:16 doesn't say anything about keeping us from falling." To which you responded, "Sorry spark, it doesn't have to." This exchange illustrates the mind-numbing elevation of your own finite opinion above the Word of God and why your words should be condemned as false teaching.

FALSE TEACHING #5: You insist that the Sabbath is "absolutely" ritual
You said, "There were absolutely no absolution for breaking a law dealing with morality. Throughout the Old Testament people were excused when breaking the Sabbath which was a ritual law."

To which I replied:

Again, this is a rejection of knowledge. I'm sure you're familiar with the story of the man caught collecting sticks on the Sabbath? Was he "excused when breaking the Sabbath"? Um, no.

Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.

According to your rationale, "There were absolutely no absolution for breaking a law dealing with morality," you'd have to conclude that your premise affirms rather than denies the Sabbath as "dealing with morality." You don't just get to arbitrarily exclude something which doesn't align with your predetermined beliefs.

To which you wrote:

Hi spark, It seems like there is an exception to any rule and of course, you would find one.​

So, while you elevate your own words and finite opinion above the Bible in general and the specific words of Jesus in particular, you also are not consistent or coherent within the framework of your own words. I just counteracted your self-contrived concept that the Sabbath is a ritual command using your own stated, absolute belief system against you. But as we saw in FALSE TEACHING #4 where your false claim was rebutted showing that your contention didn't align with Scripture you just moved the goalposts. Your response was, "Sorry spark, it doesn't have to." The goal posts are constantly in a state of motion with you.

FALSE TEACHING #6: Not an inkling of the Sabbath
In the not so distant past your contention was that Earth's population had "not an inkling of the knowledge of Saturday being special." This had the special bizarre quality of being posted on a thread which, if read, shoulda, coulda, woulda prevented you from posting something so patently false. That said, you actually acknowledged that you were aware of the truth, but you chose to proceed with your own feeble attempt at brainwashing.

I responded to your false teaching by showing how there are numerous languages all over the world which identify the seventh day of the week as Sabbath.

And what did you do with your "not an inkling" false teaching? You immediately jettisoned it and threw down this gem: "Is there any evidence of any of those nations observing Sabbath?"

It's just one false teaching goose-stepping in lock step behind another with you. Your misuse of the word "inkling" ranks right up there with your misuse of the word "absolutely." If you weren't so brazen in your responses I might think you were simply ignorant of the meaning of these words. But your rejection of knowledge indicates what appears to be a premeditated (or possibly, premedicated ), intentional use of words intended to mislead the uninformed. In this case there was an ABSOLUTE INKLING of the Sabbath—all over the world! How did that happen? It just throws a huge wrench in your monkey-works.

People aren't fooled. Especially those who have been given the gift of discernment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟729,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Bob S,

Not that the opening post said anything about the Sabbath. Neither did either of the other two posts prior to yours. Ironically, it's you who want to turn the topic of this thread into a discussion about the Sabbath
I must have gotten the following out of thin air. Ironically, you indeed mentioned the Sabbath. I do know from your previous posts that because most Christians do not believe we are under the old covenant requirements of Sabbath observance you believe we serve "another jesus".
Not that your tactics of changing the subject are surprising to me, but for the sake of lurkers I say to note the fact that you didn't respond to a single Bible text or the conclusions drawn based on those texts. You did as you usually do and ignored what the Bible says and instead advocated for the elevation of your finite opinion.

WARNING BEACON DEPLOYED
To those who may be new or unfamiliar with your methodology, let me just share a few of your more glaring false teachings.

FALSE TEACHING #1: Adding and subtracting
In Deuteronomy 4:2 God says, "Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it." But you reject God's directive and do exactly what He says not to do. You're constantly attempting to either subtract at least one of the commands from the Ten Commandment covenant, or you're attempting to add the Ten into the 603.
You totally misrepresented what I believe. I don't subtract one or more from the ten commandments, I subtract them all. We are not under the commands of the old covenant. Paul made that perfectly clear in his writings. See Eph2:10-15, 2Cor3:6-11, Gal 31:9 for few.
By whose authority are you rejecting what God says?

FALSE TEACHING #2: Elevating an unbiblical number (613) and attempting to marginalize one that is biblical (Ten)
There are currently 15 pages (x20 items/page) of you bandying about this unbiblical number in your apparent attempt to disparage the one set of laws which in FACT has a numeral attached to it and which is also defined as a covenant. I'd say this is not only a fixation but an attempt to do what you used to loudly, constantly and at length insist that Adventists were trying to brainwash people. But as I pointed out, it was actually you who was employing brainwashing techniques and it's apparent that you are continuing to do so.
I have asked you several times to set me straight on just how many commands God gave to Israel. Have you ever answered my question?

Years ago I did use the term "brainwashing" and was called out for doing so. Since then I have never used the term. I see you do not have the capacity to forgive. Even worse you do what you accuse me of doing and what I have been convinced not to do.
Please show us anywhere in the Bible where this 613 number is so we can see why it is so important that you feel the need to blast this forum with it over 300 times! If you cannot supply any biblical reference for this number—and you can't—then this is the definition of attempted brainwashing.
Tell that to all of the other posters that use 613. Why are you so fixated on my using 613? Is it because you enjoy trying to put me down> It sure seems like it spark.
FALSE TEACHING #3: Sabbath of the Jews
  • Bob S says the Sabbath is for the Jews!
Wrong again spark. Sabbath WAS for the Jews. Now everyone is under the new and better covenant of Grace and not the Law.
  • Jesus says the Sabbath is made for human beings (Mark 2:27)
You're constantly asking Sabbatarians to supply a text which indicates the Sabbath was for anyone other than the Jews. We supply all sorts of biblical evidence to validate this premise. However, the one text which "absolutely" contradicts your private interpretation is this one where Jesus indicates very plainly that He "MADE" the Sabbath for human beings. Are you a human being? Then JESUS SAYS HE MADE THE SABBATH FOR YOU. This is inclusive language. By not believing and receiving Jesus's words, you reveal that you are rejecting Jesus! What does Jesus say about those who reject Him?
We do know for sure God made the Sabbath for those who came out of bondage. If God intended for people of say Asian descent why isn't there any evidence that they observed the Sabbath? This also goes for most of the World's population.
FALSE TEACHING #4: Employing Postmodern thinking to reject what the Bible plainly teaches
In this post you asserted, "satin [sic] will still tempt us in every way, but Jesus can and will keep us from falling. Jn 3:16." To which I replied, "John 3:16 doesn't say anything about keeping us from falling." To which you responded, "Sorry spark, it doesn't have to." This exchange illustrates the mind-numbing elevation of your own finite opinion above the Word of God and why your words should be condemned as false teaching.
So spark, are you contending that Jesus cannot keep us from falling? Oh! I guess only if we agree with you and your church that we have to be Sabbath observant.

FALSE TEACHING #5: You insist that the Sabbath is "absolutely" ritual
You said, "There were absolutely no absolution for breaking a law dealing with morality. Throughout the Old Testament people were excused when breaking the Sabbath which was a ritual law."

To which I replied:

Again, this is a rejection of knowledge. I'm sure you're familiar with the story of the man caught collecting sticks on the Sabbath? Was he "excused when breaking the Sabbath"? Um, no.
I replied that it was probably not so much picking up the sticks as it was his defiance. If it was just his picking up the sticks that got him stoned how about when you and other Sabbath observers turn up the thermostat or when on Pathfinder outings sticks are picked up to feed the fires on Sabbath?
Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.

According to your rationale, "There were absolutely no absolution for breaking a law dealing with morality," you'd have to conclude that your premise affirms rather than denies the Sabbath as "dealing with morality." You don't just get to arbitrarily exclude something which doesn't align with your predetermined beliefs.

To which you wrote:

Hi spark, It seems like there is an exception to any rule and of course, you would find one.​
Seems reasonable to me. Once again, you seem to be trying to belittle me. Thankfully, I try not to remember the posts I disagree with. I ask you, is it worth regurgitating all the posts about what I wrote that you disagree with? Wouldn't it be much better to debate your opinions or disagreements on my recent post rather than trying to belittle me in past posts? Do you really believe lurkers will fall for your guise?
So, while you elevate your own words and finite opinion above the Bible in general and the specific words of Jesus in particular, you also are not consistent or coherent within the framework of your own words. I just counteracted your self-contrived concept that the Sabbath is a ritual command using your own stated, absolute belief system against you. But as we saw in FALSE TEACHING #4 where your false claim was rebutted showing that your contention didn't align with Scripture you just moved the goalposts. Your response was, "Sorry spark, it doesn't have to." The goal posts are constantly in a state of motion with you.
That is just a bunch of hot air to avoid the real issues I present from the Word of God.
FALSE TEACHING #6: Not an inkling of the Sabbath
In the not so distant past your contention was that Earth's population had "not an inkling of the knowledge of Saturday being special." This had the special bizarre quality of being posted on a thread which, if read, shoulda, coulda, woulda prevented you from posting something so patently false. That said, you actually acknowledged that you were aware of the truth, but you chose to proceed with your own feeble attempt at brainwashing.
Another patent untruth. I tell it just like it is. which I see wrinkles you. Then when you are backed into a corner you start to get nasty with all your accusations instead of replying to the issues.
So, since all those languages had to have meant they were also keepers of the Sabbath? What a lame debate. Prove any other nation, besides Israel, kept the Sabbath
And what did you do with your "not an inkling" false teaching? You immediately jettisoned it and threw down this gem: "Is there any evidence of any of those nations observing Sabbath?"
And your answer was?
It's just one false teaching goose-stepping in lock step behind another with you. Your misuse of the word "inkling" ranks right up there with your misuse of the word "absolutely." If you weren't so brazen in your responses I might think you were simply ignorant of the meaning of these words. But your rejection of knowledge indicates what appears to be a premeditated (or possibly, premedicated ), intentional use of words intended to mislead the uninformed. In this case there was an ABSOLUTE INKLING of the Sabbath—all over the world! How did that happen? It just throws a huge wrench in your monkey-works.

People aren't fooled. Especially those who have been given the gift of discernment.
Boy, I bet you are popping buttons on your shirt. It seems like any discernment you possess has turned into a critical attitude.

Spark, I sincerely do not want to continue having to defend what you deem me as serving a "false jesus". Why can't you just answer my posts with the best answers you have instead of digging up the past? Let's try to be kind, after all, we are brothers in Christ. I know you do not share that we are. Remember all the posts that were deleted recently. If I remember correctly it all started with personal attacks. We all could use more self-control.

I really hope this helps. In Christ, Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟729,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread was almost completely destroyed because, in place of debating my post, the OP author tried to destroy my character. In place of continuing the debate, I was forced into defending all the accusations made against me. I can only believe the author lashed out at me personally because I posted the truth and the author could not defend the real thought behind what was posted in the OP.

The author stated: Likewise, the apostle John writes, "We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says, 'I know him,' but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did." Do you know Jesus? Are you living as Jesus did?

If one studies the beliefs of the SDA church it will become clear that they believe all other non-Sabbatrh observing Christians who say we know Jesus as our Savior are really liars. How do SDAs come to that conclusion? Why, because we do not teach the Sabbath is a binding commandment on Christians. That one belief of theirs stands out above every other reason. The author tried to deny that The Sabbath was the reason for creating the OP. The author didn't mention Sabbath , but we all know the underlying reason.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟194,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This passage came to my mind