• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Deal with the devil

Human Sacrifice

Bless and do not curse
Oct 7, 2016
USA
✟14,391.00
Country
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why was the house blessed years ago? No spirit in the World can harm you unless you have done something to interact with their world. The last lady I dealt with used a spirit box to pass time :/ and that led to a spirit entering her body.

The house was blessed by a priest when it was moved in to.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I made a deal with the devil. I cannot remember the events exactly. There were a bunch of inner voices warning me of my actions and then they stopped. I think I have regected the Holy Spirit. I realize right now how childish I am. I am afraid that I made a deal for literally nothing or am receiving something on a promise that I don't realize (makes me feel a tiny bit excited). Can I turn to right living and change this?!

Well, you have the term "Christian" already applied to your avatar box, so if this categorization fits you and is true, then it sounds like you've got nothing to be worried about, HS.

Why would you even be worried about this?

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we have done evil, including by making any deal with Satan, God wants us to turn from the evil we have done. Ezekiel 33:11 < God does not want evil doers to die, but turn from evil and live in God's love.

And be sacrificed to living in God's love :) Don't just talk some word deal, with God; but become sacrificed to how He shares with us and rules us in His peace in His love >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

And do not allow Satan to have power over us, by means of "fear of death".

Jesus died, "that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage." (in Hebrews 2:14-15)

So, even if we do not make some word deal with Satan, we can be giving in to him by going along with fear and its personality torments; however, our Father does desire to cure us in His love so we have His almighty immunity against cruel and dominating and dictatorial stuff in us >

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

So, we need to not only stop certain actions which are wrong, but we need to trust our Heavenly Father to deeply correct and cure us in His love, so we share with Him in His immunity almighty against Satanic things of fear and its various torments. Hebrews 12:4-11 encourages us with how we need to seek God for His correction, and all which His correction produces.

So, this is not some do-it-ourselves thing. We can also go wrong by making deals with our own selves, boasting what we will get ourselves to do! We need how You, O God our Father, are able to succeed in us.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are serious and really want your words cancelled. Then cancel them outspoken using the name of Jesus Christ. Declare them null and void and that satan no longer has legal rights over you. Renounce your words and begin to quote the word of God over your life. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Declare (if you mean it) that you are saved by the blood of the Lamb. Repent, Resist, Renounce, Recieve, Release......Be blessed in Jesus name. May your life turn around for the glory of God.

Upvote 0

Human Sacrifice

Bless and do not curse
Oct 7, 2016
USA
✟14,391.00
Country
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you have the term "Christian" already applied to your avatar box, so if this categorization fits you and is true, then it sounds like you've got nothing to be worried about, HS.

Why would you even be worried about this?

Peace,
2PhiloVoid
It seemed very real and it was kind of abstract. I can't tell if it was normal human emotion coming back or if it is actually spirits calling out to me with warnings. Moral feeling is either real or it isn't. I don't mean to be snarky. It may all be on the table.

Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Question: how do we know people are being possessed and it's not a trick of the mind? After all people in ancient times likely thought diseases, mental illness and sleep paralysis were caused by demons/bad spirits too, not to mention instances where people think something's physically wrong and they feel symptoms like a reverse placebo effect even though nothing's physically wrong. If they actually are demons, why hasn't the scientific community cracked down on them to understand them and where they come from (after all if certain things stir them they should easily be able to be scientifically measured and detected)? Why haven't many regular people cracked down on them? Why isn't anyone ever educated about it like protecting yourself from diseases or physical assault or anything like that?
In the 60's, 70's and 80's drugs like cannabis were natural herbs that people used for recreational purposes, Acid and Cocaine was used to much lesser degree. Since the 90 to present day, people have sought to make drugs more potent and mind altering, growing them artificially with added chemicals, this leads to much more people being susceptible to mental illness, hearing voices, doing harder drugs, (cut with dangerous chemicals), prescription meds, then and or throw in alcohol into the mix and you have a disaster on your hands.

Take any of the above; drugs with alcohol and interest in the occult, and you have the potential to invite unwanted spirits into your life. Not all occult practices are presented as dark and evil, some are packaged to appeal to lonely or even adventurous people. The problem is opening that portal into the unseen can have lasting implications and effects, and the remedy if done properly takes 7-10 days usually requires outside intervention, because rarely will a Spirit just sit there and let you start inflicting pain on it without a fightback. If left long enough the Spirit will have the ability to flow in your veins, mimic your voice, so when you find yourself thinking something that you can't usually relate to, then likely it's the spirit trying to influence your thoughts.

The worst forms of possession come from people that you know paying someone to target you. That will involve them knowing personal details and having an item belonging to you. There are whole communities in Africa, Asia and South America dedicated to summoning spirits against people for a fee. It is less common place in the West, but there are dark practitioners. Some amongst the elite in the West also have the ability to summon spirits, but they usually do so for their own personal gain; wealth, power and women etc

You can also come into contact with weaker Spirits without even knowing it, but these are usually content with just being able to take you away from the remembrance of GOD.

Every culture and Religion has their own way of evaluating if it's a genuine case of possession or mental illness.

Not wanting to break any forum rules; I will briefly outline how it is diagnosed in my faith, Islam:

It involves a diy test that takes 30-40 mins for adults.
If you have children that spend ages watching junk then you can do a 2 min test on them whilst they're asleep and watch the results before your eyes. It can be scary though, so not for the faint of heart.

Peace out and don't let the bed bugs bite!

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why was the house blessed years ago? No spirit in the World can harm you unless you have done something to interact with their world. The last lady I dealt with used a spirit box to pass time :/ and that led to a spirit entering her body.

What is the goal of that from the enemy's perspective? To open people up to more sins?

Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
What is the goal of that from the enemy's perspective? To open people up to more sins?
To take you away from the remembrance of GOD, and obviously that in turn means you are going to start sinning more, usually without even noticing. Little by little that particular Devil responsible is earning his/her respect amongst their kind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To take you away from the remembrance of GOD, and obviously that in turn means you are going to start sinning more, usually without even noticing. Little by little that particular Devil responsible is earning his/her respect amongst their kind.

What about all of this ungodly stuff appearing on sites like reddit and youtube?

Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
What about all of this ungodly stuff appearing on sites like reddit and youtube?
I think I know what you are referring to, and would say anyone getting involved is condemning themselves to eternal punishment unless they repent and hope they have closed the door shut to the World of the unseen.

The lady I mentioned earlier, who used a Spirit Box was religious, but like so many today not very practising. She had a disconnect from GOD and wanted to try and contact Spirits to confirm existence of matters beyond the veil, which actually means she just lacked real faith. Anyway she did this experiment in various places including a graveyard, and soon after started getting weird sensations, seeing shadows moving around her home, strange light orbs etc and thoughts that were alien to her normal mode of thinking. Hey, I wouldn't think that, and would shake it off as out of character. These thoughts would become stronger of the weeks and months before the spiritual entity was strong enough to start having control over parts of her body. The poor soul can no longer sleep properly due to overbearing nightmares, and has to use powerful medication and catch sleep when she can.

She has been to her communities place of worship, and many people have prayed over her with no effect. The entity is a nasty one and mocks her, has no fear of entering a place of worship, and though she even had her forehead anointed with holy water, it just left a stinging sensation and nothing more.

The Spirit with her is very strong now and even has conversations with her during the say and there's nothing she can do about it. I gave her advice and a treatment plan, she tried it for a day, was really excited about the effects it was happening, and then silence for days. I didn't want to be seen to be invading her space, so waited 5 days before sending a quick message asking how things were going. She said, she couldn't do the treatment, and would try again in the future when she felt stronger within. The Spirit was clearly showing me it had a firm hold over her thoughts and actions. There's nothing you can do in such a case, short of sending someone round to carry out the healing on the person, especially when they don't have anyone of any real faith around them.

Such people have to repent to GOD and seek His help, as only HE has the cure.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think I know what you are referring to, and would say anyone getting involved is condemning themselves to eternal punishment unless they repent and hope they have closed the door shut to the World of the unseen.

The lady I mentioned earlier, who used a Spirit Box was religious, but like so many today not very practising. She had a disconnect from GOD and wanted to try and contact Spirits to confirm existence of matters beyond the veil, which actually means she just lacked real faith. Anyway she did this experiment in various places including a graveyard, and soon after started getting weird sensations, seeing shadows moving around her home, strange light orbs etc and thoughts that were alien to her normal mode of thinking. Hey, I wouldn't think that, and would shake it off as out of character. These thoughts would become stronger of the weeks and months before the spiritual entity was strong enough to start having control over parts of her body. The poor soul can no longer sleep properly due to overbearing nightmares, and has to use powerful medication and catch sleep when she can.

She has been to her communities place of worship, and many people have prayed over her with no effect. The entity is a nasty one and mocks her, has no fear of entering a place of worship, and though she even had her forehead anointed with holy water, it just left a stinging sensation and nothing more.

The Spirit with her is very strong now and even has conversations with her during the say and there's nothing she can do about it. I gave her advice and a treatment plan, she tried it for a day, was really excited about the effects it was happening, and then silence for days. I didn't want to be seen to be invading her space, so waited 5 days before sending a quick message asking how things were going. She said, she couldn't do the treatment, and would try again in the future when she felt stronger within. The Spirit was clearly showing me it had a firm hold over her thoughts and actions. There's nothing you can do in such a case, short of sending someone round to carry out the healing on the person, especially when they don't have anyone of any real faith around them.

Such people have to repent to GOD and seek His help, as only HE has the cure.

Is she a Christian now?

Did you see those things on reddit? They were so upsetting as a perspective of somebody following God to see people get involved in those things.

Upvote 0

Muslim-UK

Oct 11, 2015
✟14,751.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Is she a Christian now?
She was always Christian, but engaged in New Age Paganism. She repented and prayed, but is still in limbo, likely needs to see a good Christian Exorcist.

Did you see those things on reddit? They were so upsetting as a perspective of somebody following God to see people get involved in those things.
I guessed what sort of 'worship' was involved. If you want to pm a link, I can give my views, but needless to say, this sort of thing is being glorified within the Music, Movie and Gaming Industry aimed at corrupting young, and not so young minds.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She was always Christian, but engaged in New Age Paganism. She repented and prayed, but is still in limbo, likely needs to see a good Christian Exorcist.

I guessed what sort of 'worship' was involved. If you want to pm a link, I can give my views, but needless to say, this sort of thing is being glorified within the Music, Movie and Gaming Industry aimed at corrupting young, and not so young minds.

Isn't deliverance more godly than exorcism?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

What is your opinion on deliverance?

Upvote 0

Human Sacrifice

Bless and do not curse
Oct 7, 2016
USA
✟14,391.00
Country
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is your opinion on deliverance?
Somebody talk about deliverance. AMEN. (said by a mocker and very unfaithful man) I don't know it beyond the Lord's prayer (Learned it Catholic. We repeated it), "lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil".

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

What is your view on self deliverance?

Upvote 0