• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Daily Bible Verses | Jesus The Good Shepherd | The People’s Need | Jesus’ Care And Love For His Disciples | A Desert Place

WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟40,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Everyone,

This is my reflection on today's Gospel, in which Jesus intends to take his disciples to a quiet place, as it were on retreat, and yet the crowds follow him.

My audio KJV reading is on my site here: Daily Bible Verses | Jesus The Good Shepherd | The People’s Need | Jesus’ Care And Love For His Disciples | A Desert Place – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

My reflection and the KJV Gospel verses go like this:

30 And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught.
31 And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.
32 And they departed into a desert place by ship privately.
33 And the people saw them departing, and many knew him, and ran afoot thither out of all cities, and outwent them, and came together unto him.
34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.

The apostles have returned exhausted and energized to Jesus. They have succeeded in their mission and they are full of the glory of what they have accomplished. They long to tell Jesus all that they have done in Jesus’ name. This is a triumph for the disciples. They long to share.

Jesus’ feels all the apostles’ urgent need to tell him just how well they have done what they were instructed to do. When those disciples first set out, perhaps it was inevitable that they would have had their doubts, and now there is joy when those doubts and fears are overcome and proven groundless. This must be emotionally overwhelming for the reunion of Jesus and his disciples.

Jesus celebrates these feelings with the disciples while drawing them in to reflect awhile. It is as a mother or a careful teacher would manage the learning of a child.

There is to be no escape for Jesus and his disciples, however. This is now become a mass movement, indeed a frenzy: everybody wants to be near Jesus. It is truly terrifying. All privacy has been taken away. Jesus’ mission has become exhausting.

Jesus is not cowed by this mass influx of people begging for spiritual leadership. He knows that this is why he is here, and while it may be so hard on him, this is the mission that he is here to fulfil.

Jesus is exhausted and needs time with his closest disciples. Nonetheless, he has pity and chooses to give himself yet more, to teach the crowds. The giving is absolute.

Additionally, here is my Psalm 78 up on YouTube - all likes and shares!! :)