• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello folks. This is the second section of a three part installment on Heaven. The third part will describe the appearance, and dimensions of heaven (with the size converted to modern units).

Date
June 18, 2024 | City of Heaven – Pt. 2: A New Home​
Verse
John 14:2-4 (NIV): "My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

2 Corinthians 5:1 (NIV): "For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands."

Revelation 21:5a (NIV): "He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’"​
Explanation
These three passages from the Bible speak about the concept of Heaven as a new home for believers in the Gospel.

In John 14:2-4, Jesus is speaking to His disciples about His upcoming departure from this world and preparing a place for them in His Father's house. He emphasizes that this place has many rooms, suggesting that there is enough space for all who believe in Him. Jesus also assures them that He will come back to take them to be with Him, implying that this new home is where they will be reunited with Him. The disciples are already familiar with the concept of the Father's house, as it is referenced throughout the Old Testament as the dwelling place of God.

2 Corinthians 5:1 speaks about the earthly bodies we have as temporary dwellings, which will one day be destroyed. However, the Bible teaches that believers have an eternal home in heaven, which is not built by human hands. This new home is a building from God, suggesting that it is perfect and eternal.

Revelation 21:5a speaks about God making everything new, which is often interpreted as the creation of a new heaven and a new earth. This new heaven and new earth are the ultimate destination for believers, where they will live in a perfect and eternal state.​
Societal Relevance
These passages emphasize the idea of Heaven as a new home for believers in the Gospel. As Christians in the modern world, we can prepare ourselves for Heaven by living a life of faith and obedience to God. This can include regular prayer, studying the Bible, sharing the Gospel with others, and living a life that reflects the love and grace of God.

In the final moments of our lives, we can focus on trusting in God's plan and surrendering ourselves to His will, knowing that He will bring us to our eternal home. It is also important to live a life that is prepared for the return of Christ, as we do not know when that will be. This can include living a life that is focused on loving and serving others, as well as being spiritually and emotionally prepared for the challenges and trials that we may face.

For myself, seeing the violence in this world, I am looking forward to the life to come or the return of Jesus Christ, however, at the same time, living out my life to serve God’s mission is the most important. In other words, my life on this Earth is to help grow God’s Kingdom. To help spread the Gospel, Christians such as myself can try to do good deeds, in order to give Christianity a good reputation. After proving that not all Christians are jerks (as portrayed by the media), then, one could then begin preaching God’s teachings to the world, that Jesus was born incarnate of the Virgin Mary in order to save the world of our sins, as we are imperfect beings. Jesus, a sinless man, the Son of God died for our salvation, so that we may live with Him in eternity.​

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟7,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello folks. This is the second section of a three part installment on Heaven. The third part will describe the appearance, and dimensions of heaven (with the size converted to modern units).

Date
June 18, 2024 | City of Heaven – Pt. 2: A New Home​
Verse
John 14:2-4 (NIV): "My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

2 Corinthians 5:1 (NIV): "For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands."

Revelation 21:5a (NIV): "He who was seated on the throne said, ‘I am making everything new!’"​
Explanation
These three passages from the Bible speak about the concept of Heaven as a new home for believers in the Gospel.

In John 14:2-4, Jesus is speaking to His disciples about His upcoming departure from this world and preparing a place for them in His Father's house. He emphasizes that this place has many rooms, suggesting that there is enough space for all who believe in Him. Jesus also assures them that He will come back to take them to be with Him, implying that this new home is where they will be reunited with Him. The disciples are already familiar with the concept of the Father's house, as it is referenced throughout the Old Testament as the dwelling place of God.

2 Corinthians 5:1 speaks about the earthly bodies we have as temporary dwellings, which will one day be destroyed. However, the Bible teaches that believers have an eternal home in heaven, which is not built by human hands. This new home is a building from God, suggesting that it is perfect and eternal.

Revelation 21:5a speaks about God making everything new, which is often interpreted as the creation of a new heaven and a new earth. This new heaven and new earth are the ultimate destination for believers, where they will live in a perfect and eternal state.​
Societal Relevance
These passages emphasize the idea of Heaven as a new home for believers in the Gospel. As Christians in the modern world, we can prepare ourselves for Heaven by living a life of faith and obedience to God. This can include regular prayer, studying the Bible, sharing the Gospel with others, and living a life that reflects the love and grace of God.

In the final moments of our lives, we can focus on trusting in God's plan and surrendering ourselves to His will, knowing that He will bring us to our eternal home. It is also important to live a life that is prepared for the return of Christ, as we do not know when that will be. This can include living a life that is focused on loving and serving others, as well as being spiritually and emotionally prepared for the challenges and trials that we may face.

For myself, seeing the violence in this world, I am looking forward to the life to come or the return of Jesus Christ, however, at the same time, living out my life to serve God’s mission is the most important. In other words, my life on this Earth is to help grow God’s Kingdom. To help spread the Gospel, Christians such as myself can try to do good deeds, in order to give Christianity a good reputation. After proving that not all Christians are jerks (as portrayed by the media), then, one could then begin preaching God’s teachings to the world, that Jesus was born incarnate of the Virgin Mary in order to save the world of our sins, as we are imperfect beings. Jesus, a sinless man, the Son of God died for our salvation, so that we may live with Him in eternity.​
Martyrs faced death without fear, thanks to Christ's work and ticket HOME! We are Heaven bound! All Love to you, Brother in Him! Wonderful Scriptural Study! I Love it!

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Martyrs faced death without fear, thanks to Christ's work and ticket HOME! We are Heaven bound! All Love to you, Brother in Him! Wonderful Scriptural Study! I Love it!
Amen to this. Martyrdom connects somewhat with 2 Timothy 3:12.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0