• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Christian songwriter Rusty Golden, son of Oak Ridge Boys’ William Lee Golden, dies

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,998,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The son of The Oak Ridge Boys' baritone singer William Lee Golden, Christian songwriter William "Rusty" Golden, died in his home in Hendersonville, Tennessee, last week.

Golden, 85, announced his 65-year-old son's death on his official X account last week, thanking fans for the love and support and requesting privacy at this time.

"This is the hardest thing ever for a father to have to face. I love my family more than anything," Golden said in a statement. "Rusty was a great musician, a talented songwriter, and a wonderful son. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers for the days ahead. I love you, son."

The press statement included a quote from Rusty Golden in which the late songwriter declared his faith in Jesus Christ.

"Until the Lord calls me away from this world to the next, I want to make it clear that I believe in Jesus Christ as the true Lord and Savior," Rusty Golden was quoted as stating. "I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, was sacrificed on the cross, died for our sins, and rose again. HE loves us."

Many responded to the announcement, including the X account of the late country music singer and devout Christian Charlie Daniels, which is overseen by his family.

Continued below.

• Prayers
Reactions: Vambram

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,998,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic