• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Can God still bless someone who is living outside HIS WILL

Hannah66

Oct 6, 2006
✟51,662.00
Faith
Baptist
If you are living outside the Will of God, ie committing adultery, no longer worshipping God, reading your bible, pursuing your own
will, hobbies, interests, having an interest in other religions, (ie Buddhism)
could God still bless you with winning awards and money and being recognised in the Art world?

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,086,998.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you are living outside the Will of God, ie committing adultery, no longer worshipping God, reading your bible, pursuing your own
could God still bless you with winning awards and money and being recognised in the Art world?

Going against God will put you further away from Him and closer to the devil.

Upvote 0

Ted-01

Apr 26, 2024
Greenville
✟25,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe that He does bless folks that are "living outside His will" as well as outright unbelievers. I think that Scripture supports that idea... consider Matt. 5:43-48 ESV
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

But I do not recommend this to anyone. An individual (Christian) who is living outside God's will, can end up the same as an unbeliever even though both were blessed here on Earth.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟538,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
^ That just means both righteous and unrighteous will have good and bad times, the rain falls on everyone, so does the sun, it does not mean that God is blessing someone outside His will. He may chasten one and bring them to repentance if they have not closed their ear to hearing God and obeying His law.

Pro 28:9 One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.

God does not care about earthy rewards; He cares about our heart and being a servant of Him. If we depend on Him all of our needs will be taken care of.

Mat 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ted-01

Apr 26, 2024
Greenville
✟25,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I understand that legalist would take issue with the idea that God would bless the "unjust" person, and yet He saved me... any many other sinners. A legalist can't get their head around that and keep insisting that we must "earn our keep" in the Kingdom of God. No obedience equals no blessing. Scripture disagrees.

As for me, I think that "loving" is synonymous with "blessing". I think that God commands us to be like Him and bless everyone, even our enemies... including the unjust.

Why do the Wicked prosper? - GotQuestions

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟538,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He died for us while we will still sinners, but our salvation is from sin Mat 1:21- we are not saved in our sins, we need a conversion.

Which is why He calls us to repentance

Luke 5:22 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

And once he heals us He says Go and sin no more , not go and keep on sinning, or sin a little less. It not Jesus who teaches we can break God's law/sin and be saved without repenting and forsaking our sins Pro 28:13, that teaching comes from the other spirit 1 John 3:8 who wants to keep us in the bondage of sin. Jesus wants to free us and if everyone was keeping God’s law can you imagine how much freedom we would have. No more crime, we could leave our doors unlocked and walk anywhere we want without having to worry about being mugged or worse. If everyone was only worshipping God the way He asked and keeping His commandments- the devil would flee from us. James 4:7 No more sin but that won’t happen unfortunately until Jesus comes because sadly many hear His Words, but few do them. James 1:22-24 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Mat 15:3-14 Mat 5:19-30 Rev 22:14

Jesus teaches us through His power we can overcome and keep His commandments John 14:15-18. That’s where we should place our faith Mat 4:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟983,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sense your post is more about you rather than about this non-Christian's windfall. We should not covet someone else's life and then question whether or not our Father has blessed them. You are being tested. Pray you steer away from such thoughts and focus on Love.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟58,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand that legalist would take issue with the idea that God would bless the "unjust" person, and yet He saved me... any many other sinners. A legalist can't get their head around that and keep insisting that we must "earn our keep" in the Kingdom of God. No obedience equals no blessing. Scripture disagrees.

As for me, I think that "loving" is synonymous with "blessing". I think that God commands us to be like Him and bless everyone, even our enemies... including the unjust.

Why do the Wicked prosper? - GotQuestions
I agree with you. Looking back on life I've been blessed even before I was a so-called Christian. God doesn't play favorites when it comes to His creation. Israel crucified Jesus and yet their country has prospered you could say the same for China. When we think legalistic we are puffing ourselves up. Love your neighbor is the key message from scripture not comparing ourselves to one another. All of us live outside the will of God because of our flesh some more than others. I can relate to Paul that I'm the worst sinner.

Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟774,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The true blessing is having an on-going relationship with God and to be content in every circumstance ... beyond that it's gravy on the potatoes (so to speak)

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟862,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I know God blessed me with safety when I wasn't living His Will. I live in Detroit and would walk the streets at 3am. I could feel God surrounding me and protecting me. He knew I would someday be saved.

Upvote 0