Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It appears that Affleck suggested the Prez could be hanged, not SHOULD be hanged. It's the possible penalty for treason, which is the reason Affleck used the term could.
(I think he was being silly in any case.)

Compare and contrast with Ann Coulter making an outright suggestion that Justice Stevens be served creme brulee with rat poison in it.
Afterwards, she claimed to be joking. I didn't hear any laughter.

Upvote 0

Manakin

Nov 29, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
✟15,388.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
bammertheblue said:
No one should be hung. People should keep saying stupid things, however, because it's so entertaining. And it's also funny to see people get their panties all in a bunch about it.

:D Agreed. For many of us, more than half most celebrities' entertainment comes from the stupid things they say when they're not doing their jobs. :D

-M

Upvote 0
A

applepowerpc

I don't see why it's stupid. Heads of state and entire administrations have been hung for war crimes before. I don't see why anyone would be any less guilty of war crimes just because you're American, or you wear a prettier coat and tie, or you can claim you only slaughtered less people than Hitler.

Can we schedule a court date in the Hague at the same time Saddam's trial is running? Or should we invade the Hague, too? Congress has already specifically authorized that in 2002.

Upvote 0

momalle1

Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
chalice_thunder said:
It appears that Affleck suggested the Prez could be hanged, not SHOULD be hanged. It's the possible penalty for treason, which is the reason Affleck used the term could.
(I think he was being silly in any case.)

Compare and contrast with Ann Coulter making an outright suggestion that Justice Stevens be served creme brulee with rat poison in it.
Afterwards, she claimed to be joking. I didn't hear any laughter.

:thumbsup:

At least someone knows how to read.

Upvote 0

utdbear

Catalina Wine Mixer....POW!
Jul 6, 2004
Dallas, TX
✟4,578.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BlessedMan said:
The man who "starred" in Gigli shouldn't be giving his opinion about anything outside his area of expertise...although after deciding to star in that movie, i'm no longer sure what his are of expertise is anymore. :D

Actually, I could one-up you....

Bounce..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.