• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Ben Affleck Says Bush Suggests Bush Should be Hung

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ampoliros

I'm my own wireless hotspot
May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Billnew said:
Thats that Duck on that insurance company, isn't it?
Whats his name?

AAFFLECK!^_^
Link didn't work for me.:scratch:

Link doesn't work for me either, but suffice it to say that Affleck didn't really say this - I was listening to Drudge on my way home last night, and he brought this up too (and I had watched the actual show).

Affleck was talking with a conservative panel member on Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO, during which he stated that revealing Plame's identity is treason (which I think it would be), and said something along the lines of "and you could be *hung* for that..."

However, he was not specifically referring to Bush - he was talking about the penalties for treason, not enacting them on any specific person. Hence, its all just a bunch of quote-mining and half-truths. Yes, Affleck mentioned hanging while discussing something vaguely related to President Bush. That doesn't mean he wants the President executed. :yawn:

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Mr. Bush won on a clear majority of the votes. So I personally wouldn't make that kind of really terrible comment. I think it would be fair to test the laws governing international war crimes on some members or former members of the administration. I don't know if the laws are applicable mind you, but it might be a good idea to test or at least discuss the applicability of the laws for the sake of establishing credibility.

Upvote 0