• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Being pro-Life: The long road ahead

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,025,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been pro-life since my first encounter with a preborn baby as a high school sophomore in a biology class in 1963. From that moment onward, I have not been able to comprehend how any rational person could credibly deny that we are looking at a fellow human being.

Consequently, I was profoundly shocked as several liberal states began increasing legal access to abortion in the late '60s and early '70s. I was, along with tens of millions of my fellow Americans, dismayed when the U.S. Supreme Court tried to take the abortion issue out of the hands of the American people in the infamous Roe v. Wade (1973) decision legalizing abortion in the first two trimesters of pregnancy.

Like tens of millions of my fellow countrymen, my heart was further anguished when the number of abortions nationally skyrocketed to approximately 1.5 million annually by 1975. I was an early volunteer in the pro-life army which sought to defend our unborn fellow citizens who were under such sustained lethal assault.

Continued below.