• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Are we building Tower of Babel now?

LayHong_Loves_Christ

Jun 14, 2020
Penang
✟58,383.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Genesis:11
4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

I used to read these:
1. We discovered genes that determine aging, we can break the gene and prolong life, we can be immortal.
2. We can migrate to other planets, first go to the Mars, then out of the Solar System.
3. We can create worm hole and jumps between universes (they are so certain that multiverse exists)
4. We can create machines with AI containing the whole world's knowledge and travel to outer space
5. We can create machine and transfer our memory to the machine, so that we will not die.

Is this some kind of equivalent to Tower of Babel in modern sense?

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟329,916.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
4 Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

I used to read these:
1. We discovered genes that determine aging, we can break the gene and prolong life, we can be immortal.
2. We can migrate to other planets, first go to the Mars, then out of the Solar System.
3. We can create worm hole and jumps between universes (they are so certain that multiverse exists)
4. We can create machines with AI containing the whole world's knowledge and travel to outer space
5. We can create machine and transfer our memory to the machine, so that we will not die.

Can be a lot simpler:

1. Skyscrapers and towers so tall, they look like they reach to the heavens
2. Make a name for our selves - U-S-of-A - nationalism.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟626,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do know where the future will take us, but the universe is a gigantic place, with untold millions of planets. It is hard to believe that they were created with no intent of ever being inhabited. It is reasonable to think that one day, the Kingdom of God will reach out into the infinite.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟275,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Can men migrate to other planets?
Possible?
-​

No, because God did not create planets. The creation account of what God created is in Genesis chapter 1. Which is the sun, moon and stars.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟382,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I used to read these:

I believe, after study, that this parable is speaking about all the differing religious sects and businesses which exist on the earth.

5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. 6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound "their language", that they may not understand one another's speech.

I see no evidence that God was concerned with what godless scientists might do. There isn't much in the way of warnings about this type of man.

But there are warnings all over the bible about "listening" to men "who profess to know God". Prophets who "come in God's Name". Religious men who call Jesus Lord, Lord, who "Transform themselves" into Apostles of Christ. In fact, the very first recorded deception was caused by listening to a voice who "professed to know God". I think this is the reason why God scattered them so that they couldn't create ONE religion, and excercise the power they would create for themselves in such an endeavor.

Jer. 23: 16 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision "of their own heart", and not out of the mouth of the LORD. 17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto everyone that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.

We now live in a world in which these religions, who tried to unite in their efforts to reject God's way and create their own way, have been scattered by God into dozens of religious sects and businesses, who cannot understand or agree with one another. I think it's called Baylon later on, a system of "confusion", by which many of the merchants of this world have become wealthy off their delicacies. (manmade high days, sabbaths, judgments, etc..)

It's a great study.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟382,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
-​

No, because God did not create planets. The creation account of what God created is in Genesis chapter 1. Which is the sun, moon and stars.

Stars, moons and our sun are all planets, are they not? If we were by a "star" looking towards earth, wouldn't our planet, our moon and sun appear a star, just as Pluto or Venus appears as a star to us?

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

Isn't the moon and sun, and Jupiter and Venus part of our heavens?

Upvote 0