• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Are Dungeons and Dragons, Pokemon, etc., demonic?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟138,414.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The game itself is not demonic, but it could be, depending on how you treat it. If you don't feel right about it, don't play it. However, you cannot insist on other Christians not to play it.

The game does not bother my conscience, I still don't do it because I have better things to do. But then I don't play Monopoly either :)

If you like it, then play it as a form of entertainment.

Do you think Dungeons and Dragons, etc., is Satanic?

I don't think so. To some obsessive players, it could be.

Is it a sin to play video games?

No, not generally speaking. It depends on the game and the gamer. James 4:

17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.
If it bothers your conscience, then it is a sin.

Is it a good idea to constantly be in the Word without anything else?

It is good to have some entertainment as well. Have self-control and balance your time. There is no need to be extreme.

Paul warned in 2 Tim 2:

22 So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. 23 Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels.
As an adult, you should not be passionate about video games. However, Paul warned specifically against youthful quarrelsome behaviors, not about video games.

Those things can become sin if they overwhelm your life, but as an occasional leisure activity, I've never seen a problem with them.
Right, that's a balanced interpretation.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟972,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
2 Cor 4:4 -- Satan is called "the god of this world".
His agenda is served to get addictive games put in place that desensitize people to the things of darkness and chew up whatever time they would have had to be in the Word of God and about our Father's business.

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟508,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Cor 4:4 -- Satan is called "the god of this world".
His agenda is served to get addictive games put in place that desensitize people to the things of darkness and chew up whatever time they would have had to be in the Word of God and about our Father's business.
Sounds like internet forums and message boards.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0