• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings, fellow tech enthusiasts. Today's post is a companion to a Conversation About Solar Panels, part of a short series on green energy, transportation and the environment, as we are called to be good stewards and caretakers of the Earth. This post will cover EVs and transportation, including the pros and cons of different transport systems. Sources are listed at the bottom of this post.

Electric Cars: Electric cars have been around for over 130 years, since the 1800s. In 1888, a German engineer built the first mainstream electric car, the Flocken Electrowagen. Sadly, petrol cars overtook electric cars in popularity during the early 20th century. Nowadays, Tesla, Chevy and Nissan along with other manufacturers have revived the electric car since the 2010s, helping to reduce emissions over the long run. Electric cars do have their downsides though. First off, cars are still cars, no matter if the vehicle is electrified. Rail, buses and bike paths can carry far more people compared to a car.

Also, EVs have been under the scrutiny for human rights violations, including the use of child labor to mine the minerals for the batteries. Teslas and EVs also weight much more compared to other cars, and therefore can cause +40% more wear and tear on road surfaces compared to gasoline powered brethren. However, even with these drawbacks, an EV is much better choice compared to a gas car.

Hybrids: Hybrid vehicles, which use a combination of an internal combustion engine and an electric motor, can serve as a bridge between traditional gasoline cars and fully electric vehicles. They offer better fuel efficiency and lower emissions than conventional cars but still have the convenience of a gasoline engine for longer trips or in areas where charging infrastructure is limited.

Fuel Cells: Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs), represented by models like the Toyota Mirai, operate via a unique mechanism that generates electricity using hydrogen (H2) and oxygen from the atmosphere. Inside the vehicle, hydrogen is kept under pressure within storage tanks. As the driver accelerates, this hydrogen and ambient air enter the fuel cell stack where an electrochemical reaction takes place. This reaction produces electricity, water vapor, and heat - all harmless waste products. The produced electricity propels an electric motor connected to the driveshaft, enabling movement. Unlike internal combustion engines found in fossil or biofuel powered vehicles, these systems do not emit pollutants like carbon dioxide or nitrogen oxides.

Compared to charging battery-electric vehicles, filling up a FCEV at a hydrogen station takes just about three minutes, making refueling fast and convenient. Maintenance requirements for FCEVs are also reduced since they have fewer moving components than regular automobiles. Additionally, they generally do not require oil changes and necessitate less frequent maintenance overall because of their simplified engine structure. Overall, FCEVs represent a significant step forward towards sustainable transportation solutions with minimal environmental impact.

Public Transport: Public transportation is a staple in European and Asian cities, as well as some cities in the Americas. Cities with a reliable rail or bus network rely less on personal vehicles. Public transportation has lower carbon emissions per person, especially when the buses and trains are run at a reasonable capacity. Rail especially can be easily run on clean electricity. Eurostar, a European rail line is expected to convert to 100% renewable energy by 2030, reducing European railway carbon emissions from low to even lower.

Walkable Cities: Some cities in Europe have stores and amenities much closer to each other compared to American cities. For instance, in Spain, it took only 5 minutes for me to walk to the store with my parents on our 2019 trip in Seville. This means that less gas and fuel have to be used for getting food or going to other amenities. A 1989 Japanese concept tower (never built) took this even further, with a height of 1000 m (3300 ft). This Sky City 1000 would have multiple amenities, and be a fully self contained car-free city, where people could walk to other amenities, or take a high speed elevator between almost 200 floors.

Word for Christians (feel free to skip): In 2040, the Euphrates river is expected to dry up, according to the Iraqi Ministry of Water Resources, due to dryer climates from anthropogenic global warming. The Bible says in Revelation that the Euphrates will dry up in the end times. Seems that human caused global warming might be one of those signs of the times that we are living in. So, if we want to delay this river from evaporating, we might want to use cleaner energy. If the river dries up, maybe China could have the capability of sending people or an army over it (Revelation 9:16–18), in order to get natural resources or take over the Middle East. Though, no one knows when the end times will happen (Matthew 24:36), and we as Christians must avoid speculation (James 14:13-15).

Electric horseless carriage (1888)
1719087019200.jpeg

Sky City 1000
1719160862087.png

Sources
Luxembourg buses: Public transport
Tesla human rights issues: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000121465920007479/d826200px14a6g.htm
Road wear and tear: Are electric cars too heavy for roads, bridges and car parks?
Hydrogen FCEVs: https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a41103863/hydrogen-cars-fcev/
Sky City 1000: Sky City 1000 - Wikipedia
Public Transport (Bus systems): Better Bus Systems Could Slow Climate Change
Public Transport (Train systems): Post-pandemic, Public Transport Needs to Get Back on Track to Meet Global Climate Goals
Eurostar News: Eurostar Announces 100% Renewable Energy Goal of 2030

Christian Stuff
2040 Euphrates: The Future of the Euphrates River
China Army Potential: https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA358007.pdf

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yo, fellow brothers, @eclipsenow and @Bradskii , any thoughts on EVs and transportation in general? For myself, public transit is a must in any city, though I support hybrids and some forms of EVs (not Tesla though). The Japanese city inside a tower concept is the most interesting, and it would be fun to live in, as long as it is easy to leave the building.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟329,915.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My main transport is bicycle within 50 mile radius with cargo load up to 70 lbs. 100% human-powered, no motor assist. Terrific for exercise and health too.

Even if our energy source is clean, I think we still need to minimize use of energy. It takes way more energy to move a car than bicycle even with regenerative braking.

Sometimes I wonder if global warming is caused by greenhouse gases OR direct heating because our technology generates lots of waste heat as well as well as "heat island effect" which isn't attributable to greenhouse gases.

My idea for solving global warming is building an engine that is able to generate power from ambient heat of air. It won't be generating any waste heat at all but the opposite and will cause a drop in temperature in completely enclosed/isolated environment.

It is now widely accepted in mainstream science that the 2nd law of thermodynamics can be violated in specific conditions. The currently known conditions are often microscopic in scale and extracting kinetic energy directly from the high speed motions of individual air molecules. The challenge of making such power-generating device is dealing with nanotechnology. But I think it's also possible to do this with less sophisticated tech and without resorting to nanotech.

The only "fuel" required by such device is air in gas phase or simply air. The exhaust from these devices would be chilled air or even liquid air at cryogenic temperatures.

This is unlike heat exchangers that can only move heat....To cool a room, a heat exchanger must move the heat from the room to the outside air. A post-2nd law engine would turn the heat into electricity or mechanical energy to cool a room and without making waste energy as well. Thus, it cools and generate power at the same time.

It will not only halt global warming but may even reverse it. A large powerplant will provide significant cooling to the areas near it.

It might even be possible to build huge powerplants (or huge numbers of small powerplants) like these for energy in planet Venus both as source of energy and to cool the entire planet for habitation so that some of us can be relocated to Venus to help depopulate Earth. Venus is more suitable for habitation than Mars mainly due to similar gravity and is much near to Earth and be reached faster more economically. Even if the entire planet can't be cooled, the technology would still provide superior long term cooling and at the same time, energy for habitats.

The technology can also much more efficiently and more economically extract energy from radioisotopes or fissile materials. Generating much higher power output than either thermoelectric means or via heat cycles (with boilers and steam turbines). This will greatly extend functional duration of deep space probes or even manned space flights towards the outer reaches of the Solar System.

The present mode of our power technology is we generally heat things up to way above ambient temperatures. This creates lots of waste heat and huge losses in efficiency. Even our devices that turns electricity into mechanical energy or computing generates lots of waste heat and large losses in efficiency. So even if we can manage to fully switch to clean energy sources, fill the earth with enough of our devices and we will have global warming again simply because of our hot-running tech.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My main transport is bicycle within 50 mile radius with cargo load up to 70 lbs. 100% human-powered, no motor assist. Terrific for exercise and health too.
Cool stuff. 70 lbs is a lot of weight. :) Thank you for saving the earth by riding your bike. I am not responding to the other part, cos I have seen a lot of pseudoscience stuff from a few of your posts, and I do not want this thread to get polluted with non-peer reviewed stuff. God bless you though, you are a nice guy, and we need more nice, eco-friendly Christians in our world.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟329,915.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Cool stuff. 70 lbs is a lot of weight. :) Thank you for saving the earth by riding your bike. I am not responding to the other part, cos I have seen a lot of pseudoscience stuff from a few of your posts, and I do not want this thread to get polluted with non-peer reviewed stuff. God bless you though, you are a nice guy, and we need more nice, eco-friendly Christians in our world.
It is a lot of weight when you're dealing with lots of hills!

The violation mechanisms are actually peer-reviewed. The findings are fairly recent so it won't be surprising if you never saw any of it.

I have so many ideas floating in my mind how to turn the theory into practical machinery, just never took it seriously so far. AI would love the tech though. It would mean true energy independence and unparalleled cooling in the most extreme environments.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is a lot of weight when you're dealing with lots of hills!

The violation mechanisms are actually peer-reviewed. The findings are fairly recent so it won't be surprising if you never saw any of it.

I have so many ideas floating in my mind how to turn the theory into practical machinery, just never took it seriously so far. AI would love the tech though. It would mean true energy independence and unparalleled cooling in the most extreme environments.
This reminds me of Graphene generators, which convert ambient heat into electricity: https://www.fastcompany.com/9056020...uld-eliminate-dead-batteries-once-and-for-all

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟329,915.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me of Graphene generators, which convert ambient heat into electricity: https://www.fastcompany.com/9056020...uld-eliminate-dead-batteries-once-and-for-all

Yup, "limitless" energy!

It seems at this stage the tech is yet not capable of high power density and at best only for charging batteries similar to solar cell tech. Although still bringing some advantages over solar energy by the ability to operate 24/7, in total darkness (yes, it's going to work even if you get trapped inside a cave!) and without generating any waste heat but the opposite.

However, the theoretical upper limit of the tech's power density can exceed that of an average 4 stroke gas engine with forced aspiration or "supercharging". This is assuming all the ambient heat energy is converted into electrical or mechanical energy as quickly as the air is being pumped. It's a lot higher than the theoretical upper limit of Solar tech's power density whose power density is only a small fraction of 4 stroke gas engines. It's enough power density to power regular aircraft even for takeoff without electric motor assistance.

My rough ideas so far are purely mechanical concepts of an engine that has similarities to a jet engine but works on a completely different heat cycle and aerodynamic considerations. I think mechanical, pneumatic engines is the key to approaching the theoretical maximum power densities achievable with the tech.

The latest desktop Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software may be capable of simulating this with ones that can simulate transonic flows. I haven't been to that part yet.

Not really a high priority project for me. In fact, I'm not going to waste time and money on it. Treating it like hobby.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yup, "limitless" energy!

It seems at this stage the tech is yet not capable of high power density and at best only for charging batteries similar to solar cell tech. Although still bringing some advantages over solar energy by the ability to operate 24/7, in total darkness (yes, it's going to work even if you get trapped inside a cave!) and without generating any waste heat but the opposite.

However, the theoretical upper limit of the tech's power density can exceed that of an average 4 stroke gas engine with forced aspiration or "supercharging". This is assuming all the ambient heat energy is converted into electrical or mechanical energy as quickly as the air is being pumped. It's a lot higher than the theoretical upper limit of Solar tech's power density whose power density is only a small fraction of 4 stroke gas engines. It's enough power density to power regular aircraft even for takeoff without electric motor assistance.

My rough ideas so far are purely mechanical concepts of an engine that has similarities to a jet engine but works on a completely different heat cycle and aerodynamic considerations. I think mechanical, pneumatic engines is the key to approaching the theoretical maximum power densities achievable with the tech.

The latest desktop Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software may be capable of simulating this with ones that can simulate transonic flows. I haven't been to that part yet.

Not really a high priority project for me. In fact, I'm not going to waste time and money on it. Treating it like hobby.
We will have to see how this technology plays out in the next few decades, assuming Jesus does not return beforehand.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟329,915.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
We will have to see how this technology plays out in the next few decades, assuming Jesus does not return beforehand.

It's going to change everything and solve global warming entirely.

The solid state versions doesn't require exposure to anything and can be totally embedded in building walls, floors, car bodies, roads, even our clothes. It can also be installed underground, in the soil, under the road. It won't require dedicated land spaces unlike other methods of generating electricity.

It can cool entire cities while providing power at the same time. It doesn't just move heat like heat exchangers but directly and very efficiently converts heat into other forms of energy like electrical and mechanical energy without generating any waste heat.

Excess energy can be radiated into space via infra red radiation, visible light or even radio waves to help cool the Earth.

The coolest thing is paving the way for the ground colonization of planet Venus and even allowing terraforming. It will solve our population problems as well.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's going to change everything and solve global warming entirely.

The solid state versions doesn't require exposure to anything and can be totally embedded in building walls, floors, car bodies, roads, even our clothes. It can also be installed underground, in the soil, under the road. It won't require dedicated land spaces unlike other methods of generating electricity.

It can cool entire cities while providing power at the same time. It doesn't just move heat like heat exchangers but directly and very efficiently converts heat into other forms of energy like electrical and mechanical energy without generating any waste heat.

Excess energy can be radiated into space via infra red radiation, visible light or even radio waves to help cool the Earth.

The coolest thing is paving the way for the ground colonization of planet Venus and even allowing terraforming. It will solve our population problems as well.
We will have to see. I am not into terraforming, as it is an excuse for us to continue destroying the Earth, but I am looking forward to this new energy. However, even current solar panels and wind turbines can be enough to get us off of these nasty fossil fuels.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟329,915.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
We will have to see. I am not into terraforming, as it is an excuse for us to continue destroying the Earth, but I am looking forward to this new energy. However, even current solar panels and wind turbines can be enough to get us off of these nasty fossil fuels.

Even with 100% clean energy and 100% adoption of post-2nd law tech for energy and cooling other big problems on Earth will remain like poverty, shortage of other resources like food, and over-exploitation of the environment.

If you also need to eliminate poverty realistically and restore Earth to its near pristine natural state with very little to no pollution, I estimate the Earth's population must be reduced to 100 million. Down to 10 million in order for every person to be wealthy without significantly affecting the ecosystem.

Without actually considering exterminating most of the population or draconian birth control laws, the only alternative is to colonize other planets, including exo planets.

If we distribute all the world's wealth equally to all 8 billion people living today. Each one will have about $60,000. It doesn't sound like much in USA, but outside USA, it's A LOT of money. With every person in the world now able to eat as much as they want, buy cars, bigger houses (in developing countries). We'd suddenly be dealing with extreme levels of resource shortages.

Either that will cause economic inflation of Biblical proportions which again makes the poor, poor again OR countries will go to war to secure more resources for their people.

Currently, we need 80 Earth-sized planets to colonize and spread our population equally, 100 million each. This is also why I'm also feeling a bit of urgency towards development of faster-than-light space transport tech and the post-2nd law tech would go hand-in-hand with colonization of planets even with extreme conditions, not just the "Goldilocks" planets and also providing far more efficient energy conversion using radioisotopes for interstellar travel.

OR we can tell every person in the world to live as Jesus taught us. Deny ourselves. Deny the flesh. Don't indulge. That will also work......If all 8 billion people adopts such lifestyle but I strongly doubt that will ever happen.

We're probably the "Breen" in Star Trek fiction if we can perfect the post-2nd law tech. We're greedy, deceptive, brutal, and malevolent as a race and the most elite of our society are terribly good at keeping secrets and and handling negotiations with their gibberish. "Never turn your back on a Breen" (or human for that matter)!^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even with 100% clean energy and 100% adoption of post-2nd law tech for energy and cooling other big problems on Earth will remain like poverty, shortage of other resources like food, and over-exploitation of the environment.

If you also need to eliminate poverty realistically and restore Earth to its near pristine natural state with very little to no pollution, I estimate the Earth's population must be reduced to 100 million. Down to 10 million in order for every person to be wealthy without significantly affecting the ecosystem.

Without actually considering exterminating most of the population or draconian birth control laws, the only alternative is to colonize other planets, including exo planets.

If we distribute all the world's wealth equally to all 8 billion people living today. Each one will have about $60,000. It doesn't sound like much in USA, but outside USA, it's A LOT of money. With every person in the world now able to eat as much as they want, buy cars, bigger houses (in developing countries). We'd suddenly be dealing with extreme levels of resource shortages.

Either that will cause economic inflation of Biblical proportions which again makes the poor, poor again OR countries will go to war to secure more resources for their people.

Currently, we need 80 Earth-sized planets to colonize and spread our population equally, 100 million each. This is also why I'm also feeling a bit of urgency towards development of faster-than-light space transport tech and the post-2nd law tech would go hand-in-hand with colonization of planets even with extreme conditions, not just the "Goldilocks" planets and also providing far more efficient energy conversion using radioisotopes for interstellar travel.

OR we can tell every person in the world to live as Jesus taught us. Deny ourselves. Deny the flesh. Don't indulge. That will also work......If all 8 billion people adopts such lifestyle but I strongly doubt that will ever happen.

We're probably the "Breen" in Star Trek fiction if we can perfect the post-2nd law tech. We're greedy, deceptive, brutal, and malevolent as a race and the most elite of our society are terribly good at keeping secrets and and handling negotiations with their gibberish. "Never turn your back on a Breen" (or human for that matter)!^_^
I like Star Trek, but I feel that humans are more like the Borg, cos we assimilate everything for our own. But yeah, we might be too close to the end times for wealth redistribution, but far enough from the end times for implementing green energy. :)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟329,915.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I like Star Trek, but I feel that humans are more like the Borg, cos we assimilate everything for our own. But yeah, we might be too close to the end times for wealth redistribution, but far enough from the end times for implementing green energy. :)

Yeah, similar to the Borg but the Borg are Communists! In fact the perfect example of Communism at work without any corruption. Ironically, even the Federation too are some kind of Communists but one that tolerates religion like the Chinese Communist Party.

Wealth redistribution will only work if there's actually enough sustainable resources to fill everyone's needs without wrecking our planet in the process.

Ironically, the way it will only work is also redistributing humans across the galaxy.

It reminded me of the Tower of Babel. The gathering of huge numbers of people in one place like a big city, high population density is exactly the conditions that cause wealth to move from the poor and weak towards the rich and strong. It's the conditions that opens up opportunity for the rich and strong to exploit the poor and weak for profit. Crime rates, poverty, and pollution soar as well. The conditions also dramatically increase fertility and birth rates.

It's a "cancerous" condition, in a manner of speaking. This is why God forced the people to spread all over the Earth by confusing their languages.

You will notice in places, cities or villages around the world with low population densities, wealth is more evenly distributed. Birth rates are low / sustainable, low crime rates, and human activity does not significantly affect the natural ecosystem. Life is lower stress as well.

I really think we should spread out into other planets. There's a really good chance it might actually slow down growth of human population. It's not like stage 4 cancer or virus where humanity reproduces uncontrollably and goes to one planet, suck it dry and then moving on to the next. It might actually stabilize the size of population.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Disciple of Jesus
Jan 19, 2024
quebec
✟40,923.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Greetings, fellow tech enthusiasts. Today's post is a companion to a Conversation About Solar Panels, part of a short series on green energy, transportation and the environment, as we are called to be good stewards and caretakers of the Earth. This post will cover EVs and transportation, including the pros and cons of different transport systems. Sources are listed at the bottom of this post.

Electric Cars: Electric cars have been around for over 130 years, since the 1800s. In 1888, a German engineer built the first mainstream electric car, the Flocken Electrowagen. Sadly, petrol cars overtook electric cars in popularity during the early 20th century. Nowadays, Tesla, Chevy and Nissan along with other manufacturers have revived the electric car since the 2010s, helping to reduce emissions over the long run. Electric cars do have their downsides though. First off, cars are still cars, no matter if the vehicle is electrified. Rail, buses and bike paths can carry far more people compared to a car.

Also, EVs have been under the scrutiny for human rights violations, including the use of child labor to mine the minerals for the batteries. Teslas and EVs also weight much more compared to other cars, and therefore can cause +40% more wear and tear on road surfaces compared to gasoline powered brethren. However, even with these drawbacks, an EV is much better choice compared to a gas car.

Hybrids: Hybrid vehicles, which use a combination of an internal combustion engine and an electric motor, can serve as a bridge between traditional gasoline cars and fully electric vehicles. They offer better fuel efficiency and lower emissions than conventional cars but still have the convenience of a gasoline engine for longer trips or in areas where charging infrastructure is limited.

Fuel Cells: Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEVs), represented by models like the Toyota Mirai, operate via a unique mechanism that generates electricity using hydrogen (H2) and oxygen from the atmosphere. Inside the vehicle, hydrogen is kept under pressure within storage tanks. As the driver accelerates, this hydrogen and ambient air enter the fuel cell stack where an electrochemical reaction takes place. This reaction produces electricity, water vapor, and heat - all harmless waste products. The produced electricity propels an electric motor connected to the driveshaft, enabling movement. Unlike internal combustion engines found in fossil or biofuel powered vehicles, these systems do not emit pollutants like carbon dioxide or nitrogen oxides.

Compared to charging battery-electric vehicles, filling up a FCEV at a hydrogen station takes just about three minutes, making refueling fast and convenient. Maintenance requirements for FCEVs are also reduced since they have fewer moving components than regular automobiles. Additionally, they generally do not require oil changes and necessitate less frequent maintenance overall because of their simplified engine structure. Overall, FCEVs represent a significant step forward towards sustainable transportation solutions with minimal environmental impact.

Public Transport: Public transportation is a staple in European and Asian cities, as well as some cities in the Americas. Cities with a reliable rail or bus network rely less on personal vehicles. Public transportation has lower carbon emissions per person, especially when the buses and trains are run at a reasonable capacity. Rail especially can be easily run on clean electricity. Eurostar, a European rail line is expected to convert to 100% renewable energy by 2030, reducing European railway carbon emissions from low to even lower.

Walkable Cities: Some cities in Europe have stores and amenities much closer to each other compared to American cities. For instance, in Spain, it took only 5 minutes for me to walk to the store with my parents on our 2019 trip in Seville. This means that less gas and fuel have to be used for getting food or going to other amenities. A 1989 Japanese concept tower (never built) took this even further, with a height of 1000 m (3300 ft). This Sky City 1000 would have multiple amenities, and be a fully self contained car-free city, where people could walk to other amenities, or take a high speed elevator between almost 200 floors.

Word for Christians (feel free to skip): In 2040, the Euphrates river is expected to dry up, according to the Iraqi Ministry of Water Resources, due to dryer climates from anthropogenic global warming. The Bible says in Revelation that the Euphrates will dry up in the end times. Seems that human caused global warming might be one of those signs of the times that we are living in. So, if we want to delay this river from evaporating, we might want to use cleaner energy. If the river dries up, maybe China could have the capability of sending people or an army over it (Revelation 9:16–18), in order to get natural resources or take over the Middle East. Though, no one knows when the end times will happen (Matthew 24:36), and we as Christians must avoid speculation (James 14:13-15).

Electric horseless carriage (1888)
View attachment 350546

Sky City 1000
View attachment 350572

Sources
Luxembourg buses: Public transport
Tesla human rights issues: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000121465920007479/d826200px14a6g.htm
Road wear and tear: Are electric cars too heavy for roads, bridges and car parks?
Hydrogen FCEVs: https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a41103863/hydrogen-cars-fcev/
Sky City 1000: Sky City 1000 - Wikipedia
Public Transport (Bus systems): Better Bus Systems Could Slow Climate Change
Public Transport (Train systems): Post-pandemic, Public Transport Needs to Get Back on Track to Meet Global Climate Goals
Eurostar News: Eurostar Announces 100% Renewable Energy Goal of 2030

Christian Stuff
2040 Euphrates: The Future of the Euphrates River
China Army Potential: https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA358007.pdf
did you take some of this from agenda 2030? walkable cities... you know this is a globalist depopulation plan?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
did you take some of this from agenda 2030? walkable cities... you know this is a globalist depopulation plan?
Nah, I took it from early 1900s Paris, or early 1900s NYC. Not everything is Agenda 2030. What drugs are you taking?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thanks for the insult.. lol
Sorry. Not everything you read online is true. Now, retract your Agenda 2030 comment, or I will report it, as this is a technology thread, not a conspiracy thread. Yes, I am not liking everything going on in the world such as AI and the woke gender bending stuff, but a city with good walking infrastructure and nearby amenities is not evil.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟39,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Even if our energy source is clean, I think we still need to minimize use of energy. It takes way more energy to move a car than bicycle even with regenerative braking.

Sometimes I wonder if global warming is caused by greenhouse gases OR direct heating because our technology generates lots of waste heat as well as well as "heat island effect" which isn't attributable to greenhouse gases.

My idea for solving global warming is building an engine that is able to generate power from ambient heat of air. It won't be generating any waste heat at all but the opposite and will cause a drop in temperature in completely enclosed/isolated environment.

It is now widely accepted in mainstream science that the 2nd law of thermodynamics can be violated in specific conditions. The currently known conditions are often microscopic in scale and extracting kinetic energy directly from the high speed motions of individual air molecules. The challenge of making such power-generating device is dealing with nanotechnology. But I think it's also possible to do this with less sophisticated tech and without resorting to nanotech.

The only "fuel" required by such device is air in gas phase or simply air. The exhaust from these devices would be chilled air or even liquid air at cryogenic temperatures.

This is unlike heat exchangers that can only move heat....To cool a room, a heat exchanger must move the heat from the room to the outside air. A post-2nd law engine would turn the heat into electricity or mechanical energy to cool a room and without making waste energy as well. Thus, it cools and generate power at the same time.

It will not only halt global warming but may even reverse it. A large powerplant will provide significant cooling to the areas near it.

It might even be possible to build huge powerplants (or huge numbers of small powerplants) like these for energy in planet Venus both as source of energy and to cool the entire planet for habitation so that some of us can be relocated to Venus to help depopulate Earth. Venus is more suitable for habitation than Mars mainly due to similar gravity and is much near to Earth and be reached faster more economically. Even if the entire planet can't be cooled, the technology would still provide superior long term cooling and at the same time, energy for habitats.

The technology can also much more efficiently and more economically extract energy from radioisotopes or fissile materials. Generating much higher power output than either thermoelectric means or via heat cycles (with boilers and steam turbines). This will greatly extend functional duration of deep space probes or even manned space flights towards the outer reaches of the Solar System.

The present mode of our power technology is we generally heat things up to way above ambient temperatures. This creates lots of waste heat and huge losses in efficiency. Even our devices that turns electricity into mechanical energy or computing generates lots of waste heat and large losses in efficiency. So even if we can manage to fully switch to clean energy sources, fill the earth with enough of our devices and we will have global warming again simply because of our hot-running tech.
I dunno. If you are riding your bike that far you must be expelling a lot of CO2. I think it should be regulated! :mad: :D

BTW, when I lived in Seattle I bicycle commuted to my IT contracts in downtown, the U-district, south of Renton and Bellevue. The longest was about 30 miles each way. On two of the commutes it was faster than driving or taking the bus - Mercer Island to the U-District and Renton Highlands to Bellevue. One thing about the Seattle area is it is pretty darned hilly. Great workout. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟329,915.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I dunno. If you are riding your bike that far you must be expelling a lot of CO2. I think it should be regulated! :mad: :D

BTW, when I lived in Seattle I bicycle commuted to my IT contracts in downtown, the U-district, south of Renton and Bellevue. The longest was about 30 miles each way. On two of the commutes it was faster than driving or taking the bus - Mercer Island to the U-District and Renton Highlands to Bellevue. One thing about the Seattle area is it is pretty darned hilly. Great workout. :thumbsup:

All my city commutes are faster than car or bus. That crowded streets.

Last year, I did 70 miles round trip bike ride with 5,000' of climbing every Saturday. It was nonstop without eating nor hydrating on a heavy bike and wearing casual clothes with temperatures peaking to 110 F.

I don't do those long bike rides anymore. I have substituted it with 10 to 14 hrs of skating each week but I still commute with bicycle. Skating's just purely for exercise within apartment grounds.

Upvote 0