Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
‘Let us pray for those people on the margins of society in subhuman living conditions, that they may not be neglected by institutions and never be cast out…’

Pope Francis’ prayer intention for the month of September is for people living on the margins.

“A homeless person who dies on the street will never appear among the top stories of search engines or newscasts,” the Pope said in a video released Aug. 29.

The Holy Father questioned: “How could we have reached this level of indifference?”

He goes on to ask how we as a society have allowed the “throwaway culture” to “dominate our lives, our cities, our way of life?”

Continued below.

Sampara

Feb 24, 2023
Hunstanton
✟36,255.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In union with our Holy Father Pope Francis I pray for those people on the margins of society , in subhuman living conditions , that they may not be neglected by institutions and never be cast out .

Lord , in your mercy hear our prayer .

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟448,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
‘Let us pray for those people on the margins of society in subhuman living conditions, that they may not be neglected by institutions and never be cast out…’

Pope Francis’ prayer intention for the month of September is for people living on the margins.

“A homeless person who dies on the street will never appear among the top stories of search engines or newscasts,” the Pope said in a video released Aug. 29.

The Holy Father questioned: “How could we have reached this level of indifference?”

He goes on to ask how we as a society have allowed the “throwaway culture” to “dominate our lives, our cities, our way of life?”

Continued below.
Watching the video about Mongolian Catholic Church I thought it was wonderful how the disabled nobody wanted had care at the Church.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
In union with our Holy Father Pope Francis I pray for those people on the margins of society , in subhuman living conditions , that they may not be neglected by institutions and never be cast out .
Amen!

• Agree
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟129,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Continued below.
I wonder if it ever occurs to progressives, that they actually do the very things they falsely accuse their enemies of doing. Or do they knowingly embrace such self-contradiction to divert the truth away from themselves? Or are they simply blind to their own defects of character in their own characteristic presumption and prideful arrogance? Or do they think that God is blind? The Pharisees come to mind:
Lk 18:10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
Lk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank thee that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.
Lk 18:12 I fast twice a week, I give tithes of all that I get.'
Lk 18:13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
Lk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for every one who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Does the Pope pray as well for "those on the margins of the institutional Church, even if there in subChristian judgment by the hierarchy, to be neglected or hopefully forgotten by the institutional Church members" - does he pray that they may "never be cast out"?

In the hearing of the spiritually blind Pharisees who cast out the man born blind" (who was given sight by Jesus) Jesus said:
Jn 9:39 Jesus said, "For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind."
Jn 9:40 Some of the Pharisees near him heard this, and they said to him, "Are we also blind?"
Jn 9:41 Jesus said to them, "If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, 'We see,' your guilt remains.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟146,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Homelessness breaks my heart. I'm reading The Way Of The Pilgrim again for the hundredth time and it just makes me think of a completely different way homeless people could approach their situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟255,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Psalm 107 is so beautiful here in this video from EWTN. It can be prayed for people suffering. I don't have the text. The text is on the screen.

Only three minutes long, and so worth praying right now for anyone marginalized not just from addiction. The beauty of the psalms are that they can apply for any situation:

• Prayers
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟255,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.