When does the resurrection of the dead take place?

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
6th trumpet sounds/two witnesses slain near the end
6th seal is opened/great earthquake/time John was told the two
rise
great tribulation ends
7th trumpet sounds/now the two rise and all of other dead just
...resurrection of the just
...rapture
wicked hide from His face and His glory

7th seal is opened
trumpet angels now return to pour out vials full
leads to Armageddon
that battle ends
Israel dwells safely and a great tumult happens/Gog?
this leads to the 1000 years/keeping the feast
of tabernacles
another Gog problem
that ends/fire from heaven
satan cast into the lake of fire
New Jerusalem time/comes down
heaven and earth flee and no place found for them
resurrection of the unjust
Once they all get to stand before God, what do they
do while they wait their turn? How much time will
this take? Does He attach a worm to them that never dies? Are they or at least some of them as part
worm that dies not?
pretty good except the rapture part for me. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
pretty good except the rapture part for me. :oldthumbsup:

The "Rapture" is a scriptural teaching.
Paul said for us not to be ignorant.

Notice also in verse 15 that what He is telling us is by the word of the Lord.
1 Thess 4:13-17
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. KJV

1 Cor 15:51-52
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. KJV

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whenever God says it does.
you're stating a given, but that notion is disjointed to the discussion because God has left us with prophecy and has given us information on this very subject.

it'd be nice if you contributed some of your knowledge to the conversation.

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The "Rapture" is a scriptural teaching.
Paul said for us not to be ignorant.

Notice also in verse 15 that what He is telling us is by the word of the Lord.
1 Thess 4:13-17
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. KJV

1 Cor 15:51-52
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. KJV
ok Optimax, but i don't subscribe to the rapture theory. i simply don't find it biblical.

i don't want to derail the thread with that.

if you want, make another thread and i'll speak to you there on it.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you're stating a given, but that notion is disjointed to the discussion because God has left us with prophecy and has given us information on this very subject.

it'd be nice if you contributed some of your knowledge to the conversation.
I have no knowledge specific to this topic. The bible says we don't know the time, and to always be ready. That's all I need to know. Sometimes, not always, I feel the need to be snarky when people start up about end times stuff. If that upsets you, sorry. I probably won't stop.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have no knowledge specific to this topic. The bible says we don't know the time, and to always be ready. That's all I need to know. Sometimes, not always, I feel the need to be snarky when people start up about end times stuff. If that upsets you, sorry. I probably won't stop.
it's fine with me, i'm enjoying the conversation.

it's just that the scriptures are pretty specific about this event and it has to do with knowledge of the prophecies!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ok Optimax, but i don't subscribe to the rapture theory. i simply don't find it biblical.

i don't want to derail the thread with that.

if you want, make another thread and i'll speak to you there on it.

Not a derailment.

The Rapture is when born again people's bodies are resurrected.

How can you say it is not biblical when the very scriptures (which are from the Bible, making it "biblical") were posted?

But if you have made up you mind I won't continue to confuse you with reality.:amen:

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
it's fine with me, i'm enjoying the conversation.

it's just that the scriptures are pretty specific about this event and it has to do with knowledge of the prophecies!
Whatever. This is the kind of discussion I find pointless. You do not know the time. End of discussion for me. Have a day.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0