Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Transgression: Violation or breaking of a commandment or law.
lds.org/topics

To commit sin is to willfully disobey God's commandments or to fail to act righteously despite a knowledge of the truth (see James 4:17).
lds.org/topics

Did Adam and Eve have free will?

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
lds.org/topics

To commit sin is to willfully disobey God's commandments or to fail to act righteously despite a knowledge of the truth (see James 4:17).
lds.org/topics

That they ate of the fruit should be proof enough of that, eh?

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
So they willfully disobeyed God?

Willfully but ignorantly.

That's the key defining line.

They at the time didn't know any better due to how ignorant and uninformed they were about practically everything. If you'll recall, they didn't even know that they were naked until after eating the fruit.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

They at the time didn't know any better due to how ignorant and uninformed they were about practically everything. If you'll recall, they didn't even know that they were naked until after eating the fruit.

God was pleased with his creation --- all of it was good. He created man in his image. So he created an ignorant man and woman and didn't inform them of anything? He didn't create them with the ability to obey? How was Adam able to name the animals?

Upvote 0

Super14LDS

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟13,891.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
lds.org/topics

lds.org/topics

Yes

Upvote 0

Super14LDS

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟13,891.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Something interesting from mechanical translation of Genesis

[link to www.mechanical-translation.org]

2:17
and from the tree of the discernment of function and dysfunction you will not eat from him given that in the day you eat from him a dying you will die,

Interesting indeed when dysfunction is understood as non-procreating. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

and from the tree of the discernment of function and dysfunction you will not eat from him given that in the day you eat from him a dying you will die,

Stupid idea!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

You're mistake on this has been pointed out before--

DYSFUNCTIONAL: Impaired or abnormal action other than that for which a person or thing is intended. Something that does not function within its intended purpose
http://www.mechanical-translation.org/mt/translation6.html

Genesis 6:5
and Yhwh saw that the dysfunctions of the human in the land was abundant, and all the thoughts of inventions of his heart was only dysfunctional every day,

Please do not tell me that before the flood they were not procreating!!! It's bad enough you guys mangle the KJV--now you want to mangle the Mechanical translation also??!!---NOT!!!!

Upvote 0

Super14LDS

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟13,891.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

DYSFUNCTIONAL: Impaired or abnormal action other than that for which a person or thing is intended. Something that does not function within its intended purpose

and Yhwh saw that the dysfunctions of the human in the land was abundant, and all the thoughts of inventions of his heart was only dysfunctional every day,

Please do not tell me that before the flood they were not procreating!!! It's bad enough you guys mangle the KJV--now you want to mangle the Mechanical translation also??!!---NOT!!!!

I agree pro-creation is a function of a species. :)

Upvote 0

Super14LDS

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟13,891.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Pro-creation is not our only function.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I agree pro-creation is a function of a species. :)

So before the flood they were not procreating??? That is why God destroyed them, for not procreating?? Because all the thoughts and inventions of their hearts were about not procreating???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Super14LDS

Apr 8, 2016
USA
✟13,891.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, it's not our only function, it is what you claim the word dysfunction means--which is definitely not true.

Dysfunction doesn't always mean the same thing; pro-creation was one function that humans did only after the fall.

Later use of the word may refer to another function such as raising crops, etc. The olive is an apt symbol used in scipture to signify peace as tame olives become unavailable for 100 years following war which is a dysfunction of a peaceful law-abiding society.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Well, you haven't explained how they could be ignoramuses; God saw all that He had made, and it was good, not defective.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you'll recall, they didn't even know that they were naked until after eating the fruit.

was being naked a sin? It doesn't say that. They were the only two people alive.

They wanted to cover their bodies.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dysfunction doesn't always mean the same thing; pro-creation was one function that humans did only after the fall.

Later use of the word may refer to another function such as raising crops, etc. The olive is an apt symbol used in scipture to signify peace as tame olives become unavailable for 100 years following war which is a dysfunction of a peaceful law-abiding society.

They were told to be fruitful and multiply BEFORE the fall.

That's not true.

Upvote 0