Visit site
✟342,955.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Walking in the light of what God has revealed about oneself cannot be according to the flesh. When He reveals our secret sins the reaction is to deal with it through the self. But we can't. Only God can do what is impossible for us to do.

Thanks be to God that in reckoning self dead to sin that which is alive to God does work in us.

And what is that which is alive to God? It is none other than Christ that lives within.

In reckoning self dead, the transaction of the cross having taken place, Christ within becomes our victory. He Himself literally becomes our victory within!

To let go then is to no longer fight against the sins, world and satan but rather accept the peace that Christ already has the victory. In other words when satan knocks on the door we allow Christ Jesus to answer it.

Letting God's peace reign follows the letting go of our own devices that can never gain the victory. Christ Himself in us is not just Victory Peace our All in All but our Way...

Truth that!

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟342,955.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Either you tell me how I can complete the transaction so as to walk in the fullness of Christ right now, or I am going to tell you that we are dogs who receive the truth in crumbs.
The transaction is already completed because we, at belief, are crucified with Christ. That is viewed from the objective side. iow, faith is in the fact of what Christ has accomplished, those facts are the object that faith is based on.

Moving subjectively into living in Christ: is obtaining that which He wills for us to inherit. (the Kingdom is both now and future) All that He is is in Him and we are in Him, Him in us. Colossians 2:9-4:18 explains that by taking Christ as our head we can fulfill His lead. John 1:16, Ephesians 1:11,22-23

We are not of the old man that has been crucified. Turning to God away from selfish idols is acknowledging that our God is a living God and well able to keep us now and in the age to come. He has not left us as orphans but has sent the Holy Spirit as guide. In not making way for the flesh we rather make way for the Spirit to have His way within us.

However we cannot do (or complete) but can only yield to what we believe. Faith in God's facts = faith in action.

To be honest I don't really understand @jonojim what your question is getting at. In Christ we are never dogs receiving crumbs unless we have no faith, which the Phoenesian woman had plenty of. In that case we would also not be believers in Christ and all that we are in Him so the question seems mote to me. When taking on the sins of the world and at the rising of those who have the Spirit in them does that not tell you that which is dead is dead and that which is alive is Christ?

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,357.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The transaction is already completed because we, at belief, are crucified with Christ. That is viewed from the objective side. iow, faith is in the fact of what Christ has accomplished, those facts are the object that faith is based on.

Moving subjectively into living in Christ: is obtaining that which He wills for us to inherit. (the Kingdom is both now and future) All that He is is in Him and we are in Him, Him in us. Colossians 2:9-4:18 explains that by taking Christ as our head we can fulfill His lead. John 1:16, Ephesians 1:11,22-23

We are not of the old man that has been crucified. Turning to God away from selfish idols is acknowledging that our God is a living God and well able to keep us now and in the age to come. He has not left us as orphans but has sent the Holy Spirit as guide. In not making way for the flesh we rather make way for the Spirit to have His way within us.

However we cannot do (or complete) but can only yield to what we believe. Faith in God's facts = faith in action.

To be honest I don't really understand @jonojim what your question is getting at. In Christ we are never dogs receiving crumbs unless we have no faith, which the Phoenesian woman had plenty of. In that case we would also not be believers in Christ and all that we are in Him so the question seems mote to me. When taking on the sins of the world and at the rising of those who have the Spirit in them does that not tell you that which is dead is dead and that which is alive is Christ?

If I were to preach the gospel, the only thing the enemy really has to say, is "well, look at yourself". There is no way for me to demonstrate the power of the gospel, other than the crumbs that I have received myself. I wish it was as easy as professing Christ as King, and then having someone kill me. But now we are supposed to live.

Maybe I can preach "the crumbs of the Kingdom" :tearsofjoy:

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟342,955.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I were to preach the gospel, the only thing the enemy really has to say, is "well, look at yourself". There is no way for me to demonstrate the power of the gospel, other than the crumbs that I have received myself. I wish it was as easy as professing Christ as King, and then having someone kill me. But now we are supposed to live.

Maybe I can preach "the crumbs of the Kingdom" :tearsofjoy:
Nicodemus was a leading theologian yet he needed a complete new birth like the worst of us. Termination of the old regeneration of the new is the nature of the new creation.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,357.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nicodemus was a leading theologian yet he needed a complete new birth like the worst of us. Termination of the old regeneration of the new is the nature of the new creation.

Right but I have none of the fruits of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟342,955.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Right but I have none of the fruits of the Spirit.
Love joy peace etc ... against such there is no law. If you experience long-suffering or kindness and all that belong to Christ is experiencing being in Him and Him in us which is experiencing the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
That is being out of the old law and into the law of the Holy Spirit. Change of mind concerning the things of God is what is needed.
Pray on it.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,357.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Love joy peace etc ... against such there is no law. If you experience long-suffering or kindness and all that belong to Christ is experiencing being in Him and Him in us which is experiencing the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
That is being out of the old law and into the law of the Holy Spirit. Change of mind concerning the things of God is what is needed.
Pray on it.
Like I said, I am not a child of the Kingdom. I will wait for more crumbs.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟342,955.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our Father that is in heaven would have that His Kingdom be on earth as it is in heaven. A living faith is what makes for a living experience.

Luke 16:20-21 may show the beggar Lazarus longing for the scraps from the table. Yet Christ, thru the Father, and distributed thru the Holy Spirit, gives abundantly, life to the full. John 10:10

God bless in your time with Him.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟342,955.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to add to the topic of the thread "Let go and let Christ"

Faith in the finished work of our Lord is an ever brightening shadow of the substance. And our renewed human spirit is the muscle that is exercised that brings substance out of the shadow, into the light and into the fullness of His life and into ours so that His life takes on substance in us. Not that we can ever obtain but we can go from glory to glory as the mirror becomes clearer. The following verses, imo, seem to make that clearer.

Colossians 2:17
These are the shadows of the things to come, the reality however is found in Christ.

Hebrews 11:1-2,6
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony... but without faith it is impossible to please Him: for they that come to God must believe that He is; and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Ephesians 3:16-18a
That according to the riches of His glory, He may grant you to be strengthened with His power thru His Spirit in your inner being , so that Christ may dwell in your hearts thru faith _ that you, being grounded and rooted in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,357.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Our Father that is in heaven would have that His Kingdom be on earth as it is in heaven. A living faith is what makes for a living experience.

Luke 16:20-21 may show the beggar Lazarus longing for the scraps from the table. Yet Christ, thru the Father, and distributed thru the Holy Spirit, gives abundantly, life to the full. John 10:10

God bless in your time with Him.

That is interesting. The certain rich man was clothed in purple and fine linen, and also called Abraham his father. Sound familiar? We can deduct from it that he was instructed in the Law, and yet, didn't practice it, no more did he preach it. Just like Jesus said, you shut out the Kingdom before men, and you yourself do not enter.

In a sense, Lazarus is a mirror of the rich man. Full of sores, and is not receiving the bread of life, not even a crumb.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,357.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I want to add to the topic of the thread "Let go and let Christ"

Faith in the finished work of our Lord is an ever brightening shadow of the substance. And our renewed human spirit is the muscle that is exercised that brings substance out of the shadow, into the light and into the fullness of His life and into ours so that His life takes on substance in us. Not that we can ever obtain but we can go from glory to glory as the mirror becomes clearer. The following verses, imo, seem to make that clearer.

Colossians 2:17
These are the shadows of the things to come, the reality however is found in Christ.

Hebrews 11:1-2,6
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony... but without faith it is impossible to please Him: for they that come to God must believe that He is; and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Ephesians 3:16-18a
That according to the riches of His glory, He may grant you to be strengthened with His power thru His Spirit in your inner being , so that Christ may dwell in your hearts thru faith _ that you, being grounded and rooted in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints etc.

My faith is strengthened every day. Until recently I did not understand the regeneration of the soul and how the Bible speaks of it. Therefore, being a dog that is looking for crumbs is better than one that doesn't.

It's funny but all the posts in this thread have 666 in them. It is the unaccomplished work. We must let our seed grow into fruition, and we must raise the value of our talents, as well as have enough oil to meet the bridegroom. We can trust in the water and the blood for this.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟342,955.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My faith is strengthened every day. Until recently I did not understand the regeneration of the soul and how the Bible speaks of it. Therefore, being a dog that is looking for crumbs is better than one that doesn't.

It's funny but all the posts in this thread have 666 in them. It is the unaccomplished work. We must let our seed grow into fruition, and we must raise the value of our talents, as well as have enough oil to meet the bridegroom. We can trust in the water and the blood for this.
Hebrews 4:12 Dividing soul from spirit

Regeneration is being born again. What is born of Spirit is spirit John 3:6, not the soul which is from the old nature. Ephesians 4:22, Ephesians 2:1,6,8 , 2 Corinthians 5:17 We need the resurrection of the human spirit in alignment with the Holy Spirit 1 Peter 1:23, Romans 3:20

But your getting off on different topics that have to do with numerolgy or wherever your going with the 666 reference. I prefer to leave this discussion with you. Thanks for your participation anyway. Maybe start your own thread and try to explain where your coming from. God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟8,357.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 4:12 Dividing soul from spirit

Regeneration is being born again. What is born of Spirit is spirit John 3:6, not the soul which is from the old nature. Ephesians 4:22, Ephesians 2:1,6,8 , 2 Corinthians 5:17 We need the resurrection of the human spirit in alignment with the Holy Spirit 1 Peter 1:23, Romans 3:20

Uhm, we are supposed to save our souls from hell, not lose it :oops:

But your getting off on different topics that have to do with numerolgy or wherever your going with the 666 reference. I prefer to leave this discussion with you. Thanks for your participation anyway. Maybe start your own thread and try to explain where your coming from. God bless.
I mean literally such as here, but now it has switched to 668. I just thought it was a funny coincidence.

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/let-go-and-let-christ.8298968/#post-77666701

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟342,955.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gaining the whole world but lose the soul wouldn't be acceptable either but the fact that I speak of here is that we have regeneration not of the soul but of the human spirit that has the compacity to commune with God that was lost at the fall.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums